How Much Would You Pay?

03snakenvtn

Established Member
I'm looking at possibly going down to Florida over the summer and taking care of some snowbirds cars while they're at their summer home up north. I'd stop by every couple weeks and make sure the tire are at full pressure, the battery is charged, and let the car run a little to make sure everything works just as it did when they left. My question is how much you'd pay for this type of service. I figure the target market is upper-middle to upper class. I know there's all types of financial situations on this forum, so it would give me a good idea of what the market is willing to pay for a service of this type. To make the math easier, please specify how much you'd be willing to pay per month for a service of this type. Just think, you don't have to add any gas stabilizer, air up the tires super high, run a battery trickle, or anything to keep the wildlife and bugs out. Thanks in advance.:beer:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
$30 for everytime you show up?
I'd also wash the car the last time I checked on it.

Teethy

0S0SL0
Established Member
100$ for Dec. 1 - Mar. 1

*Edit* I'll wash the car, put it under a cover, and store it in a garage. You just start it every 2 weeks let it idle, park it with the tires at a different rotation to avoid flat spots, and inflate as needed.

Last edited:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
interesting idea. The vast majority of people I know that winter/summer plug in the car and add stabil and go.

Tires really don't flatspot for good anymore.

03snakenvtn

Established Member
I'm thinking probably between $50-75/month as this would probably be my only source of income for that time. You guys think it's doable?

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
Maybe it's just me, but I don't really see this as a good money-making venture. Would it just be people you know, or strangers? Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable giving the keys to my car/garage to some guy I don't/hardly know.

-Eric

03snakenvtn

Established Member
Maybe it's just me, but I don't really see this as a good money-making venture. Would it just be people you know, or strangers? Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable giving the keys to my car/garage to some guy I don't/hardly know.

-Eric

Whether or not it's a good money-making venture isn't really the question here. I was simply asking what everyone would be willing to pay if they decided to use this type of service. People do this kind of thing with their houses all the time. People who have winter or vacation homes may not visit the property for months at a time, and in the Florida summers, a power outage that causes the a/c not to kick back on will create a lot of problems in a house, mainly mold. So they pay a company to come by and check the house, making sure the a/c is running and whatnot. It's essentially the same thing, but with cars. It would mostly be with strangers, but when there's a company behind it, people feel like they have someone to hold accountable if something happens. I'm not just some sketchy guy that approached them on the street and asked to watch their car when they're gone.

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
Whether or not it's a good money-making venture isn't really the question here. I was simply asking what everyone would be willing to pay if they decided to use this type of service. People do this kind of thing with their houses all the time. People who have winter or vacation homes may not visit the property for months at a time, and in the Florida summers, a power outage that causes the a/c not to kick back on will create a lot of problems in a house, mainly mold. So they pay a company to come by and check the house, making sure the a/c is running and whatnot. It's essentially the same thing, but with cars. It would mostly be with strangers, but when there's a company behind it, people feel like they have someone to hold accountable if something happens. I'm not just some sketchy guy that approached them on the street and asked to watch their car when they're gone.

Well in that case I would pay zero dollars because I wouldn't trust some jackhole with my stuff, business front or not.

-Eric

SNCBOOM

Established Member

How many employees will you have?

CobraKid04

Established Member
instead of checkin in on their cars why don't you just winterize them? I mean flat spots on tires are a thing of the past and starting the car only brings moisture into the engine.

Tell them you will properly winterize the car and come check the house/car for leakes and other problems. If I was an incompetent individual and had baller money. I would prolly pay $300-400 for may-aug....not if it was just the car though. Add the house.

Rochard

Established Member

-Eric

People do it all the time, mostly with vacation homes.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member

-Eric

this.

Users who are viewing this thread