How much would you pay for.......

JDrake

Established Member
Hey guys, i usually post up in the new edge section but i have a question for you guys. My girl is looking for a new car and we came across a 1996 Procharged Cobra with 75k miles. the dealer was closed so i couldnt look inside or drive it for that matter but from what i can tell it has a P1SC procharger w/ boost guages on the a pillar, Lts, possibly catted h pipe (or hollowed out cats) and slp LM1 CB w/ side exits, the paint looked in good shape w/ the exception two gashes on the drivers side ground effect, there is literally pieces of electrical tape covering those scratches and i could see the micro fractures in the paint radiating from that point so i bet it was curb rash. Im just wondering how much this car should go for, and how much power we are talking w/ the aforemention mods. Heres a pic, sorry for the long read guys.

96cobra.jpg

VEGASbabyVEGAS

I }> MY HONDA
Established Member
im sorry... did you say for your girl? I dont know your girl...but I wouldn't let my girlfriend anywhere near a sc'd cobra.. I'd second guess a stock GT.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
as for how much power..it depends on how much boost it is pushing.

I have no idea about the price though

JDrake

Established Member
im sorry... did you say for your girl? I dont know your girl...but I wouldn't let my girlfriend anywhere near a sc'd cobra.. I'd second guess a stock GT.

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention, if she duz get it, i will be taking that p1sc out right away to show it its' new home under my hood.:beer:

Mr SVT

^^ Needs boost
Established Member

Maybe my girl can just drive...but I don't see the problem here.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
thats selfish but i'm jealious. my girlfriend drives an 08 kia spectra5. i don't want any part of that car near my car! back to the car. if their trying to cover the crack up with electrical tape then there is no telling what else you might of missed. my girlfriend also has worked for dealerships for a while and i've heard of some very shady things so just be careful.

JDrake

Established Member
thats selfish but i'm jealious. my girlfriend drives an 08 kia spectra5. i don't want any part of that car near my car! back to the car. if their trying to cover the crack up with electrical tape then there is no telling what else you might of missed. my girlfriend also has worked for dealerships for a while and i've heard of some very shady things so just be careful.

That is sound advice, i will deff. make sure to give the car a very good rundown as soon as i get a chance, she drives a 99 civic right now and it keeps breaking down lol, the only reason why i would take the p1sc is b/c her mom wont let her buy it w/ the sc so i said i would put it in my car.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Oh yeah, i forgot to mention, if she duz get it, i will be taking that p1sc out right away to show it its' new home under my hood.:beer:

You going to need a new bracket, different belt, new intake pipe, injectors a tune, Maf ect..

Then you going to either find all the stock parts for her car or use your parts and get a tune for her.

I wouldnt want to buy a car with a supercharger and turn it back to stock.

buy here one as close to stock or basic bolt on's for 8k and go buy a supercharger... Much less headaches and a less stressed stock motor. She will be happier in the end.. Have here spend the extra money that she would have spent on a good set of wet weather tires like a BFG kdw2, this way she doesnt get herself into trouble with a rear wheel drive car in the rain.

Also, side exhaust sucks.. youll realize when the windows are down and its too loud to hear the radio and the exhaust it comming into the car.

Last edited:

Sellinger

Established Member
um, not only side exhaust...but loudmouth 1's. it's a good name for that exhaust, your girl...good driver or not, is gonna hate the noise. Also, keep in mind insurance prices etc etc. (for the record, i would do that in a heartbeat if i could get away with it)

97/4.6w/fangs

NA FTW
Established Member
Unless you personally know the owner I wouldn't buy a car that's been modded that much without knowing much about it. That's just me.

I'll never buy a used high horsepower car from someone I do not know ever again. My Cobra was stock when I bought it and 3 months later I snapped 4 rods and spun the shit out of the crank.

JDrake

Established Member
You going to need a new bracket, different belt, new intake pipe, injectors a tune, Maf ect..

Then you going to either find all the stock parts for her car or use your parts and get a tune for her.

I wouldnt want to buy a car with a supercharger and turn it back to stock.

buy here one as close to stock or basic bolt on's for 8k and go buy a supercharger... Much less headaches and a less stressed stock motor. She will be happier in the end.. Have here spend the extra money that she would have spent on a good set of wet weather tires like a BFG kdw2, this way she doesnt get herself into trouble with a rear wheel drive car in the rain.

Also, side exhaust sucks.. youll realize when the windows are down and its too loud to hear the radio and the exhaust it comming into the car.

The thing is that she doesnt want a supercharger, but i really, really do :rockon:, and i told her the exhaust will be really loud, (not sure if it was lm1 or lm2) but im not a huge fan of slp, and she has to be careful b/c it only takes one time of her not paying attention while getting outta the car and burning her leg on the tips for her to hate it.

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
That sucks its at a dealer. You have no tune records or dont know how long the sc has been on it or anything. If the person traded it in to a dealer he must have been desperate. Im thinking they couldnt sell it privately because something was wrong with it or the motor is just dogged out. I could be dead wrong too, just my rationalization on it lol. Just be careful and check it up and down. I say 9k at the most.

JDrake

Established Member
That sucks its at a dealer. You have no tune records or dont know how long the sc has been on it or anything. If the person traded it in to a dealer he must have been desperate. Im thinking they couldnt sell it privately because something was wrong with it or the motor is just dogged out. I could be dead wrong too, just my rationalization on it lol. Just be careful and check it up and down. I say 9k at the most.

I agree, but this isnt a ford dealer is a private dealer, its called Mikes auto and the owner is Mike Morrison whose dad, Robert Morrison owns a string of high performance car dealerships one of which is a 1/4 mile down the road, they are notorious for buying fast cars and jacking the price up on them, but they sell quality stuff, i almost bought a mach from them a while back b4 i found my cobra.

Danas96Cobra

Nasty 96
Established Member
If its for a fun car, I wouldn't see any problem with it. For a daily drive, no way. Weather, gas mileage etc. Insurance is going to be high for sure, I'd check that out. Then there's the car. With no record of who modded it, I'd assume it has been run hard and is hiding problems. Assume it has been abused. Just my opinion.

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
I agree, but this isnt a ford dealer is a private dealer, its called Mikes auto and the owner is Mike Morrison whose dad, Robert Morrison owns a string of high performance car dealerships one of which is a 1/4 mile down the road, they are notorious for buying fast cars and jacking the price up on them, but they sell quality stuff, i almost bought a mach from them a while back b4 i found my cobra.

Thats cool then:beer:. just beat them up for a good price and get yourself a procharger:banana:

Users who are viewing this thread