How much would you pay for this 95 Cobra?

Orange Vert

EX CO-VERT
Established Member
I'm thinking about buying this 95 Cobra from this guy here in town. What would you guy's pay for it? Or, what price do you think it's worth? Keep in mind you're a poor college student... :beer:

1995 Ford Mustang COBRA SVT, This car is a stunner! Beautiful rio red color with tan leather interior. Features of this car include pro 5.0 shifter, 3.55 gears, 75mm throttle body, flowmaster exhaust, mac cold air kit and aftermarket energy suspension.
94,000 miles

5688232.jpg

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
For some reason I read Cobra R and was about to go off on either why it wasn't an R or what the guy had done to bastardize it.

Wishful thinking I guess.

6k?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I'm thinking about buying this 95 Cobra from this guy here in town. What would you guy's pay for it? Or, what price do you think it's worth? Keep in mind you're a poor college student... :beer:

1995 Ford Mustang COBRA SVT, This car is a stunner! Beautiful rio red color with tan leather interior. Features of this car include pro 5.0 shifter, 3.55 gears, 75mm throttle body, flowmaster exhaust, mac cold air kit and aftermarket energy suspension.
94,000 miles

5688232.jpg

I can't see the pics here at work but WTF is an "aftermarket energy suspension"? I would probably give him 6-7k max and it better be damn pristine inside and out.

edited: Well after looking at KBB I revised my number down a bit. in excellent condition it is worth 5K but I would give him 6 for it if I really wanted the car.

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I can't see the pics here at work but WTF is an "aftermarket energy suspension"? I would probably give him 7-8k max and it better be damn pristine inside and out.

Energy makes bushings. Sway bar bushings, control arm bushings and so forth. From what I see it's lowered, and Energy doesn't make lowering springs from what I've seen in their catalog.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Energy makes bushings. Sway bar bushings, control arm bushings and so forth. From what I see it's lowered, and Energy doesn't make lowering springs from what I've seen in their catalog.

Ah ok never heard of them before. thanks

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Ah ok never heard of them before. thanks

X2

Never heard of em either...

http://www.energysuspension.com/

They aren't too bad. I got a sway bar link kit with bushings from them for Molly's 95 and it definitely doesn't understeer as much as it did before.

They don't make a set for the rear. I called and asked why but was told that I'd have to talk with the engineer to figure that out. I figured it was because they want a little sway in the rear to help plant the outside tire to prevent slippage in a RWD car like a Stang.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
$5000 max

Maybe you should keep lookin at LT1's instead.. :bored:

Its worth an honest $6,500 if it is clean title, very straight body, interior in excellent condition etc...

these cars have bottomed out and won't really get any cheaper than they are right now..

Orange Vert

EX CO-VERT
Established Member
Maybe you should keep lookin at LT1's instead.. :bored:

Its worth an honest $6,500 if it is clean title, very straight body, interior in excellent condition etc...

these cars have bottomed out and won't really get any cheaper than they are right now..
x2

The lowest the guy is going is $7000.00. I'm thinking $6500.00 is about right. I would feel best paying $6,000.00. But he's not budging from the $7,000.00... I'm going to see it this weekend.

Orange Vert

EX CO-VERT
Established Member
energysuspension.com | Welcome

They aren't too bad. I got a sway bar link kit with bushings from them for Molly's 95 and it definitely doesn't understeer as much as it did before.

They don't make a set for the rear. I called and asked why but was told that I'd have to talk with the engineer to figure that out. I figured it was because they want a little sway in the rear to help plant the outside tire to prevent slippage in a RWD car like a Stang.

:rockon: good info

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
x2

The lowest the guy is going is $7000.00. I'm thinking $6500.00 is about right. I would feel best paying $6,000.00. But he's not budging from the $7,000.00... I'm going to see it this weekend.

here is what you do. you take 6500.00 in 100.00 bills with you. if you really like the car show him the envelope of cash and tell him there is 6500.00 dollars in it. take it or leave it. I will bet that once he sees the cash he will take it.

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
here is what you do. you take 6500.00 in 100.00 bills with you. if you really like the car show him the envelope of cash and tell him there is 6500.00 dollars in it. take it or leave it. I will bet that once he sees the cash he will take it.

+1
Its amazing just how quick someone will become flexible with the price when you have the money right there in front of them.

Users who are viewing this thread