How much would you offer

RocknRollCali87

American Muscle
Established Member
Alright if I posted in the wrong forum sorry. There is this Mustang GT 5.0 down our street and I have no idea how old it is.

P5200060.gif

P5200061.gif

How much would you offer a person for this kind of car. It would be a nice project car.

These foxbodys clean up nice. Also how dependable are those 5.0's and what kind of power can you get out of them and with what?

Thanks

roadracer247

Established Member
$1500-$2000. But a lot depends if anything has been done to the car...how it runs, how many miles are on it, accident historyr, its interior...and of course whatever year it is will affect how much it's worth.

Last edited:

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
T-top car, eh? That's kinda neat.

It looks like a 4cyl with a 302 swap though. 87-93 Tails on an earlier style (not a fan). Someone can correct me, but if it was a V8 car wouldn't it have to have the "GT" molding on the side behind the driver's door? Maybe earlier LX's got them back in those days but I can't recall. I know 87-93's did.

What front end is on there? 83-84 (eggcrate grille) or 85-86?

Looks clean nonetheless. $1500-2000 is fair if the car is clean in and out.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
The t-top thing is pretty rare...might be worth a little more then 1500-2000 if its really clean inside and out...

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Is it an original 302 car though? Does anyone care? I'm not cursing it, it just looks like its been someone's little toy. A T-Top car is rare though. Should check it for stress cracks along the seams and pillars :( I've seen old Foxes from $1500 to about $5000 if they're clean and original. It really depends on the overall condition and history of the car. A converted 4cyl "toy" isn't really worth the $ in my mind. But that's just me.

http://www.mustanggt.org/gtchange.htm has a nice breakdown of changes for each model year. Almost makes me want to start looking for a Fox again :)

Last edited:

2003 Silver

Banned
monkeyspunk79 said:
T-top car, eh? That's kinda neat.

It looks like a 4cyl with a 302 swap though. 87-93 Tails on an earlier style (not a fan). Someone can correct me, but if it was a V8 car wouldn't it have to have the "GT" molding on the side behind the driver's door? Maybe earlier LX's got them back in those days but I can't recall. I know 87-93's did.

What front end is on there? 83-84 (eggcrate grille) or 85-86?

Looks clean nonetheless. $1500-2000 is fair if the car is clean in and out.

I had a 91 LX 5.0....believe it had LX badging??

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
GbSvtGrl said:
The car is either an 87 or an 88

Look at the rear quarter windows. They have louvers and the old style trim on them.

The front nose doesn't have the wrap-around lights and the side marker is on it. Its the 83-86 body.

*I can see the GT lettering on the quarter now in the second pic.

Last edited:

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
the only part i know is that some of the LXs had the 5.0 in it. when i was looking for one everyone told me to get the LX 5.0 because they were lighter

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
c0dy said:
the only part i know is that some of the LXs had the 5.0 in it. when i was looking for one everyone told me to get the LX 5.0 because they were lighter

That is a true statement :thumbsup:

giz93cobra

AllWayz Sidewayz
Established Member
My Guess it's an 85-86 GT Due to the molding lines and the 10 hole rims. and I think $1500- $2000 is a good price if it still runs strong and has no rust in it. You can still get parts out of most mustang junk yards for these years. and the T-tops make this a more reasonable buy. This is in my opinion. Good Luck if you get her :beer:

RocknRollCali87

American Muscle
Established Member
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. As far as I know that car has been sitting down the street for about 5 months collecting dust. I do know that on the hood it says GT in black.

I will take more pictures and yeah I hope I can get the car. I have never met the person selling it and have never seen the inside. I noticed it about a year ago....and thought back to a friends 90 GT Mustang which I thought was the coolest car.

do you think that car is in good condition?

Thanks for all your suggestions...im new around here...that car thats in my profile is my Dads so I need a car. A little Chevy VS. Ford competition between Father and Son never hurt.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
RocknRollCali87 said:
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. As far as I know that car has been sitting down the street for about 5 months collecting dust. I do know that on the hood it says GT in black.

I will take more pictures and yeah I hope I can get the car. I have never met the person selling it and have never seen the inside. I noticed it about a year ago....and thought back to a friends 90 GT Mustang which I thought was the coolest car.

do you think that car is in good condition?

Thanks for all your suggestions...im new around here...that car thats in my profile is my Dads so I need a car. A little Chevy VS. Ford competition between Father and Son never hurt.

check for rust, if none is found jump on it...

looks like it is in good condition

mb84gt

stock 94 cobra
Established Member
I would say its an 85 because of the body molding. Only 85 and 86 had that body molding. If it was an 86 it would have the third brake light in the rear spoiler. An 85 is worth a little more money because it is the last year of the 4 barrel holley carb. Common places for these early fox bodies to rust are under the doors and under the hatchback. Also pretty common for the driver side seat bolts to break through the floorpan. Just guessing, but it probably has red seats with white piping which is very prone to fading especially since it has t-tops. If it is a fairly low mileage car with the original t-top storage bags and the marchal foglights and foglight covers with little to no body rust it might be worth $5,000. Just my 2 cents worth.

Users who are viewing this thread