HOW MUCH WOULD HEADERS HELP AN 03 COBRA?

03cobracoupe

Established Member
I havent heard of many people putting headers on and i was wanderin how much they would help and where to get them?

3rdstang

Established Member
Power gains will vary depending on if your going with long tube or short tube. There are a few people that have put bbk long tube headers on and got some fairly good gains from it. I also read somewhere either 5.0 or mm&ff that the short tube headers are not really all that bad (bad as in restrictive.) Do a search for long tube headers to find the people that have them.

jtfx6552

Established Member
I think LT's have to help. Most of the biggest dyno numbers I have seen for'03s have LT's. But it seems the cars, LTs ot not are hitting the same "HP wall" within a few rwhp of each other, with the long tube cars only a few HP higher.

However, the LT's themselves are very expensive, and install is either a big PIA if you do it yourself, or very expensive if you farm the job out.

I think there is cheaper less hassle HP available first. But when you do all the rest and still need more hp????

So I guess my opinion is, if you need every last HP, you can spend alot of money for the LTs. On my car, I haven't considered them due to potential leaks, potential scraping, potential trans removal hassles and cost.

JT

larryc7777

Established Member
Do you think that the "wall" might be our Eaton SC?? I think that there comes a point where no more boost can be coaxed out of the M112 Eaton because of blower overspeed & belt slippage. At that point the only way to get more power is to shell out the big bucks for a screw type SC. I feel that then you will see the guys with long tubes start to pull away in the HP race.

Smrgol

I put JBA 1 5/8" shorties on mine. With a Bassani catted x-pipe my car gained (SAE) 22.7 rwhp and 14.4 rwtq. But the tune on the chip needs to be updated too. This is with the stock pulley.

Users who are viewing this thread