How much will a t/b help?

88silvergt

Old School
Established Member
Hey guys. I have a 99 cobra with a vortech s-trim v-1 supercharger. Here is a list of mods. Ported heads, 5 angle valve job, extrude honed and ported intake, probe industries forged pistons w/ 10.5cc dish, total seal rings, 4340 H-beam rods, polished crank, 36lb injectors, 80mm pro-m mass air, superchip, fms headers, bassani x-pipe, flowmaster catback, kenny bell boost-a-pump, solid 8.8 swap, fms 4.10 gears, auburn locker, mosser axles, spec stage II clutch, pro-50 shifter. Here is my question, i am still running the stock throttle body on my setup. How much should i be able to gain with my setup on 10lbs of boost with at least a twin 65mm t/b? I am also looking at a big single blade svo unit or accufab. I just want to make sure it will be worth it before i spend the money on it. thanx

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Being that you have a blower and quite a few other mods i would say it would be worth your time and money

N/A they don't provide much if any but with F/I it should yield some decent gains

88silvergt

Old School
Established Member
I have been told that with all my port work to make everything else flow faster that is was like a bottle neck on it right now, but some dont think so. Would like to get more oppinions on it to see. THanx

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
My buddy just changed the TB on his KB 01 GT i'll ask him if it netted any real gains.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
i was wondering the same thing... im thinking of getting a single blade accufab when i get around to it...

looking at your mods, I would recommend getting some bigger injectors first.....

i was looking in the ford racing catalog, and even with thier magnesium intake for our cars... they say that the factory TB works best... even in racing applications"

but, what do they know... haha.

Ive seen the factory TB support well over 600HP... but who knows how much you would gain with a single-blade..

IMO, im going to try to make power in other places before I get a TB... (beefing up my fuel system with some 55 pounders, and a univer... then upping the boost)

-Homer

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
a 99/01 cobra, a bullitt intake, mach 1, 03/04 cobra, and various other 4V cars have the twin throttle body.

the only modification needed to put on an accufab single blade TB is to cut out the middle of the intake, so the single blade will clear it. its easy.

-Homer

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
I would say you'd get almost 10 rwhp with the mods you have. Seeing that it is blown you will actually see a difference

Users who are viewing this thread