How Much to Paint a Car?

bzubke1

Established Member
I'd like to get an idea on how much other members are paying to get a car painted? I was just looking at getting my repainted stock black but would also like to know what some members have paid to have custom work done. Post pics if you have them.

shhak

Established Member
Usually a stock repaint will run you between $2,000-$3500 depending on the shop. When you start talking about custom jobs, it can vary depending on what you want done. I've got a friend who had his fox painted black with a 2 stage flame job (yellow flames with orange flames over them) The total was like $9500 or something like that. I'll have to see if I have a pic of that for ya.

gomach1

5.0hh
Established Member
well for my dads project car, its was around 13k
but that wasnt just a repaint and may i add that the paint is perfect

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
99 bucks bro!

header-logo.jpg

But seriously, it depends on how nice a paint job you want. 2-3k is probably what you'll end up paying.

shhak

Established Member
99 bucks bro!

header-logo.jpg

But seriously, it depends on how nice a paint job you want. 2-3k is probably what you'll end up paying.

There used to be a place around here called Earl Shibes (or something like that) They had a shop in Chicago that was almost a drive thru paint shop. I swear they drove the cars thru with the windshield wipers on. I drove by lots of times to see people out there with cans of paint thinner wiping the paint off the windows and headlights. :lol1:

But to answer the OP's question, yes, for $3,000 you should be able to get a very nice repaint. :beer:

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
For 3k you think you just drive it in come back and shazaam. Or do you need to remove headlights, hood scoops, side vents...etc?

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
There used to be a place around here called Earl Shibes (or something like that) They had a shop in Chicago that was almost a drive thru paint shop. I swear they drove the cars thru with the windshield wipers on. I drove by lots of times to see people out there with cans of paint thinner wiping the paint off the windows and headlights. :lol1:

:lol: http://www.earlscheib.com/

My shop is in an old Earl Scheib building.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
for a good job, you're looking at 4-6k depending on how many chips and dings you have. I know that I was quoted 500 just for my hood because of my chips in the front. A pant job like this however, would be perfect and look better than factory (not that that's too hard :) )

bzubke1

Established Member
I know a guy who owns a body shop and he did some fender work for my brother for $175. The lowest he was quoted anywher else was $450. So hopefully I can get it done for under 2k. Maybe I could even get a custom color.

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
In '06 I had my car repainted in it's stock color- $3495.00. It had no dings and the trim and stuff were removed. Took about 4 weeks to have it done. And the car looks awesome.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I know a guy who owns a body shop and he did some fender work for my brother for $175. The lowest he was quoted anywher else was $450. So hopefully I can get it done for under 2k. Maybe I could even get a custom color.

You will not get a custom color for under 2k. How much it will cost will depend on how good a job you want done. A good quality paint job, of the same color, where they take the lights, mirrors, and badges off will run you around 4-5k. anything less that that, they are cutting corners and doing a less than quality job IN MY OPINION

My94GT

Established Member
i work at a shop and to do the same color with out painting door jambs we charge around 3 grand usually. but take into account body work its more around 4 grand. for an all over color change your looking at 5 to 10 grand on average and can be more then that.

Got Boost?

Established Member
expect 3k-6k if you want a nice job done. my dad is in the paint business. in materials alone to do a whole car it is around $1000.

bzubke1

Established Member
Wow, i'm definatley gonna have to start saving then. I really wanna get the black on my car to shine the way a black car should.

Users who are viewing this thread