How much to install engine?

BigEag205

Established Member
I have somebody wanting me to install their stroker motor for them in their 89 fox body. I have pulled, worked on, and installed mustang motors countless times let alone in other cars, thats not the issue. I'm just wondering how much it would cost for a shop to install a motor so I can go from there with my pricing. It's an assembled long block which will need the clutch/flywheel, upper/lower intake, CAI, fuel rail/injectors, etc all assembled along with all the lines and harnesses reconnected. I've looked to see how many hours the shop manual calls for but I haven't had any luck finding that information.

4valvemach

Established Member
$400 I hope its a good friend lol

With shop rates starting at $100hr I think $400 is a little low but it is a friend and your not a shop its alit of work for one person.You can look at it as just a motor and transmission install but all the other stuff that goes along with it.

If I was doing it for one of my friends $600

a friend so its a case by case deal

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Well that was a lot of help, lol

Anybody?
I'm thinking around 400

Depends, but that's probably reasonable. I did a PI swap on a 96GT once for that, I left the engine in though. If your friend is helping you, then take that into account too. If it's someone you don't know, I generally charge 50/hr in labor and figure on an engine swap taking at least a full afternoon or more, so assuming a long day (8 hours if you run into trouble) then 400 seems fair.

dallen887

Do it by the hour you never know what problems may occur. or a set price if you are comfortable with a 400-500$ deal even though it could take longer than planned.

Users who are viewing this thread