How much to buy and paint new Bumper???

ArkangelX3

Established Member
Let the :burn: Start. Im interested in changing the Bumper, from COBRA to MUSTANG. Gonna change the symbols too. I know most of you will probably say this is blasphemy, and just changing the bumper and hood wont fool anyone, theres other things that are unique to the cobra. Im just not interested in advertising to anyone who knows that its a Cobra. Plus i have plans to recreate the Shelby GT 500 from Gone in 60 Seconds into a modern Eleanor. Just curious as to how much the bumper would cost, if it will fit, and how much to paint. Thanx

Last edited:

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
What is the point? Seriously. If you want to make it a sleeper,that's cool. But do it right. V6 side scoops. Different front facia. 16"wheels. And the such. But if you really must know,it's absolutely retarded in the first place. Like they won't notice the charger whine and a 6 cylinder hood that won't clear the blower anyway.

ArkangelX3

Established Member
Seen the 67 Fastback from Gone in 60 Seconds. I want to recreate that in modern version. This means MUSTANG bumper (possibly the v-6, with no cutout louvers). Side Exhuast. PIAA head/foglights to be added in the front center grill. Black Stripes down the middle from front to back. Hood Pins. GT 500 side stripes. Possibly the Visous Louvers C-Pillar inserts.

check out the pics. Thank god for personal tastes, but i think this would look sharp in a modern version, and have the power under the hood.

http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/vehicles/60sec/mods.html

Here are the Louvers from Visus. The rear windshield ones look plain silly, but the C-pillar on the side might actually make it look unique
http://www.visuslouvers.com/1sidelouvers.jpg

Last edited:

GreyCobra_03

Lurch
Established Member
AHHHHHHHHH Cobra Abuse call the Mustang police!!!!!!

Seriously, I like the eleanor from the movie, and thats one of the things that got me interested in fast mustangs at all... but this is outragous... IMHO dont do it!!! Save up and make a real shelby clone or spend 70k on a real one.

Just my $.02

§ilver§nake

Quiet Thunder
Established Member
Well, to answer your original question of cost.......

When I was rearended in my '97, it cost $1295 to have the rear facia replaced and painted.

I don't recall you asking for opinions; however, my .02 is PLEASE DON'T DO IT.

On the other hand, it's your car-your payments; do with it as you please. Let's see some pics after the transformation. We may wind up eating our words. :thumbsup:

ArkangelX3

Established Member
The only thing that really matters to me, is whats under the hood. Im certainly not shy about changing the looks of the Cobra. i want something unique looking. I plan to do three things.

1. Drive it every damn day, rain or shine.
2. Take it to shows.
3. Make it unique. (no the limited edition factor of the cobra is
not unique enough)

I know some may say, why not just buy something else. Well its the power/price/warranty thing=)

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by ArkangelX3
The only thing that really matters to me, is whats under the hood.
Then START with a V6 and add the $13,000 2003 Cobra crate motor. Don't do it the other way and chop up a piece of automotive history...

Just my $.02

ArkangelX3

Established Member
SilverSnake,....good way to look at it.

Blue03Cobra-Warranty, warranty, warranty. All the orginial parts will be kept, case it ever needs to be sold.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Blue03Cobra-Warranty, warranty, warranty.
Then the statement: "The only thing that really matters to me, is whats under the hood.", is not valid...

03DOHC

Established Member
Now why would you wanna go and fu@# up a perfectly good car for? It's your money. Have fun.

ArkangelX3

Established Member
Blue03Cobra,
Sure that statement is valid. Because whats under the hood matters. I love the performance that you get out of the engine, and the increase you can get with simple mods without voiding the warranty is amazing. So this statement means im buying the Engine, the outside aint much different than a v6. yes i know ALL the difference, but the fact doesnt change, that avereage NON mustang person doesnt know those differences

Blades

Established Member
dammit i was expecting everyone to just use the puking smiley to remind him of all this idea sucks.. No offense man.. but get an older mustang and do that!! This 03 cobra is BETTER than eleanor. Who knows, in 20 years they'll make a movie with this car. please please please please dont do this

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
The only thing that really matters to me, is whats under the hood

Warranty, warranty, warranty

See yet? Your statement about only caring what's under the hood is proven false if you also care about the warranty. If you claim to only care about one thing,then caring about more than one kind of voids your original point. It's your money. I just hate to see it go to waste like that.

Oh and .......:xpl:

ArkangelX3

Established Member
Whats under the hood, is the engine, which is what the warranty covers. So when i say i only care about whats under the hood, that means i love the fact that you get a kick ass engine with performance and much potential, that is covered under warranty

ArkangelX3

Established Member
The outside looks too similiar to a every other V6 or GT, needs to be changed! Yes i know to us mustang guys, they do look different.

Elliotness

Established Member
The outside looks too similiar to a every other V6 or GT, needs to be changed! Yes i know to us mustang guys, they do look different.

Don't do it. It's free to leave the car alone.:beer:

A's Cobra

Established Member
don't do it, but if you insist on junking up the car, used parts from a junk yard would be the cheapest place to start a project like that

Users who are viewing this thread