How much timing on pump gas

CPRsm

Dpends on the octane and cam timing. Will be lower up to certain rpm, then clomb fom there. 6 psi and 93 you can probably run 17-19. Maybe more ifyou carefully monitor the plugs. I'm down to 10-11deg in some areas w the junk they sell out here lol

Last edited:

Dtony

Established Member
At 12 lbs of boost, Shell 93 and Torco additive I go 18º and have no knock. I really wouldnt run more that 15/16º on regular 93 pump gas.

6SpeedFreak

Established Member
Cool...I was just wondering how much more I have in my car...they have me at 15deg..on my tune...and a little rich...Im about to buy a BAP and ID1000s...then get it retuned for 10psi...I just want to hit 600whp SAE...I hope that is enough to make it lol...

Dtony

Established Member
My car was at 622 rwhp (Mustang dyno) with: 10 lbs of boost, 93 Shell, 16º timing, 10.8 af, KB bap, and ID725's. This was on the stock short block and it ran 10.30's with that tune.

CPRsm

Don't get caught up too much in the number especially w these cars. Blower timing and turbo timing are different. Cyl pressure are different at different times. Timing is different on a trbo car peaking at 6k than a blower spinning to 7k+. Piston speed/dwell is different and had less heat inthe cyl down low.

6SpeedFreak

Established Member
Don't get caught up too much in the number especially w these cars. Blower timing and turbo timing are different. Cyl pressure are different at different times. Timing is different on a trbo car peaking at 6k than a blower spinning to 7k+. Piston speed/dwell is different and had less heat inthe cyl down low.

Yeah, Im not tuning it! BBR tunes my ride...I was just curious as to what most are running...Im sure they know what is safe...The guy I took my car to for the Dyno pulls said my tune was very conservative and he could get a good bit more power out of it but I told him I just wanted the runs...He said I could add timing and lean it out a bit...I am just researching his statement a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread