How much timing on pump gas (93)

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
How much timing are you running with your turbo setup on 93? I was only able to get 10 degree's of timing without any signs of detonation...perhaps it was the gas? At 12 degree's, I got a very little puff of smoke mid way through the pull that went away as soon as it appeared. This was on 17 psi. I still need to check my plugs since I'm using the same plugs that was previously on e85..not sure if that would make a difference or not (TR-6's). The added 2 degree's of timing picked up 28hp. For now, I'm leaving it at 10 degree's until I go back to e85.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
How are you determining if you are getting detonation or not? A puff of smoke does not mean detontation. If you are hearing it, that is BAD and its probably to late.

More details on the motor? Is it stock? What CR are you running?

prostkr

Established Member
When a car is on the dyno detonation can be seen at the tail pipe by watching for smoke rings. Its can also be mistaken easily when bringing in the timing from rich. Reading the plugs is a pain, but the safest method.

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
I didn't change my plugs after running e85. Is there any easy way to read the plugs? What is the best indicator that it was detonation?

Users who are viewing this thread