How much time have you wasted on facebook?

Badbob2121

ЯTR #054
Established Member
I find it strange how so many people are proud of not using Facebook.You can pick your friends and block posts from people who post stupid shit..

95% of the content that is on my Facebook feed is car related, and are typically better videos/articles than what I find on any forum. There are also Facebook groups that are centered around buying/selling parts etc for your specific vehicle, and are much more active than forums/craigslist..

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
21 days 23 hours and 29 minutes and have posted 4,903 things to my "feed" Seeing some of you in the hundreds makes me wonder where you even find the time to do it that much lol

Most of my time on there is looking at the numerous car pages and car friends who live a good ways away. And I troll the srt4 vs. cobalt ss page all the time, you guys should see some of the retards on there and some of the things some say about mustangs. lol

jcthorne

Established Member
None. I refuse to give personal information to that security breach of a web site.

Facebook IS a virus of the worst kind.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
None. I refuse to give personal information to that security breach of a web site.

Facebook IS a virus of the worst kind.

So you're telling me I shouldn't have my social security number in my about me section and pictures of my debit card on there? I've been doing it wrong..

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I travel for work and don't talk to friends for months at a time, so it's my way of keeping in touch and up to date..

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I find it strange how so many people are proud of not using Facebook.You can pick your friends and block posts from people who post stupid shit..

95% of the content that is on my Facebook feed is car related, and are typically better videos/articles than what I find on any forum. There are also Facebook groups that are centered around buying/selling parts etc for your specific vehicle, and are much more active than forums/craigslist..

Most fb car groups are a bunch of kids arguing over stupid shit. I always tell people "if you want to chat about bullshit, use the FB group. If you want a serious topic where you'll get help on something, use the forum."

Blown 89

Established Member
To all of those who don't have a facebook, its actually a pretty good thing if you don't over use it. People posting pictures of every meal or updates everyother second can be a bit much, but it will help you stay in contact with family and friends and see what everyones up to.

I convinced my father to sign up last year. He found people from his childhood that moved away and lost contact with.

If you have cousins, aunts/uncles, kids, grand kids, etc... You can most likely find a majority on there and see what everyones up to. Its not as bad as you think it is, as long as you don't over-do it.
Agreed. Facebbook is an incredible tool for keeping up with people. It sounds strange but I'm thankful for it as it's made it a million times easier to keep in touch with people from around the world. Being involved in pro sports most of my life my close friends are in HI, Japan, Korea, Thailand, Australia, Brazil, and everywhere else across the globe. Staying in touch using traditional methods is a logistical nightmare.

When a high school classmate was killed in Iraq while working for the CIA Facebook is how her family was communicating with those of us who had connections on that side of the world in massive communal threads to find out what happened. Speaking of high school, our reunion is being planned on Facebook right now. Four old teammates of mine are talking about guns we're building at the moment in a group message. One lives in Hawaii now and another a few states away. When my friend's son was in the first classroom shot up by that dick bag in Sandy Hook, Facebook was the only reliable way to communicate with her. When my mother unexpectedly passed last January I was floored by the number of people who came out of the woodwork to help my family. Facebook was the easiest starting point for many of them to find us. It's no different than SVT really. Two of my closest friends I met on the Corral years ago, one of which is the best man at my wedding in a few months. Those friendships stemmed from posts about them visiting AZ and wanting to meet up with car guys. I talk to the two of them just about daily now. Facebook is no different in my eyes. It's can be a tool for utter stupidity but it's up to you and how you use it IMO.

That being said, 22 days, 14 hours, 4 minutes since January of 2006.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Most fb car groups are a bunch of kids arguing over stupid shit. I always tell people "if you want to chat about bullshit, use the FB group. If you want a serious topic where you'll get help on something, use the forum."

I JUST told someone this.. so many idiots on the car groups its unreal

Users who are viewing this thread