How much Squeeze on JPC's 800RW 2011??

Brutal Metal

Established Member
There's NO Way that thing put down 802@ 12lbs of Boost without help when it put down 661@ 9.5! What Gives??:shrug: 140 RW with 3lbs??

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i don't know much about the engine so i'm just guessing on this stuff, but if it has a less restrictive intake manifold(such as the boss 302 piece), ported heads, and a full exhaust with long tubes, the PSI may drop a lb or two while the volume of air remains the same so the PSI could be misleading in a way.

besides that, the engine has 11:1 compression ratio, which in essence multiplies each PSI compared to the ~8.5:1 of the cobra 4.6l.
check out this chart for equivalency of different boost + compression combinations...
Blower Drive Service: We Deliver Horse Power! - Blower Drive Systems, Blower Kits, Blower Cams, Custom Carb Service

BLK93GT

Established Member
It does NOT have nitrous. The way an article about the car is worded makes it sound like it was still on the car but it is not. They removed the nitrous before installing the supercharger. The motor is bone stock. They are running 12lbs of boost, but what so many people do not get is that 12lbs of boost on this car is not like 12lbs of boost on say a 05-10. The car has Ti-VCT which allows cam timing adjustment on both intake and exhaust cams. This allows for adjustment of the overlap, and the reason the car has good low end and top end. The EGR output is even controlled via the Ti-VCT. It's really advanced.

So think of a car with a larger cam optimized for a supercharger, it may "see" less boost in the intake but is making more power due to the better efficiency. It's like adding heads/cam/intake to a old pushrod 5.0. The same pulleys that make say 12-13 lbs of boost on a stock motor will make 8-9 on a modded motor. But the gain will be close to the same or more for the 8-9lbs than the 12-13 because boost is just a measure of restriction.

BLK93GT

Established Member
Oh I agree it's just that guys on another forum seem to think it's possible without NOS to get 800 with 12lbs!

JPC has openly posted on the s197 forums what is done to the car. Everyone that has seen the car has also said it does in fact only have a supercharger.

ST Motorsports is making over 700rwhp with an automatic '11 GT with a KB 2.8 with all stock exhaust stilll, so it is possible. Technology does wonders...

Brutal Metal

Established Member
That's CRAZY cause we only got 576RW SAE with 7lbs on a air to air Intercooled Vortech V-3 setup on a customers 011 6 spd? All the High HP Kits from Pro-Charger and Whipple are guesstimating a mid 600 range?? They must have the BEST Fricken Tuner on the planet to squeeze another 150 out of it!
Can you provide a link to the Build please Blk93GT? If you tell me their running the stock fuel system I'm jumping off my roof headfirst into the concrete!!
And I'm sure the Boost levels of that 700 KB was Higher than 12lbs?

BLK93GT

Established Member
That's CRAZY cause we only got 576RW SAE with 7lbs on a air to air Intercooled Vortech V-3 setup on a customers 011 6 spd? All the High HP Kits from Pro-Charger and Whipple are guesstimating a mid 600 range?? They must have the BEST Fricken Tuner on the planet to squeeze another 150 out of it!
Can you provide a link to the Build please Blk93GT? If you tell me their running the stock fuel system I'm jumping off my roof headfirst into the concrete!!
And I'm sure the Boost levels of that 700 KB was Higher than 12lbs?

The KB car
[ame=http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46029]SpankinTimes 2011 Mustang GT Build powered by Kenne Bell - WWW.S197FORUM.COM[/ame]

I'll find the posts on the JPC car when I get back from brunch..

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
jpcs car is running a 2010 tank with a fore twin pump setup, bap and injectors.. Aslo BBR claims they made 617 on 7.5psi with a D1sc.

BLK93GT

Established Member
7.5lbs of boost P1SC BBR car
mmfp_1012_28_o+2011_ford_mustang_gt_procharger_supercharger_install+smaller_pulley_dyno.jpg

7.5lbs of boost D1SC
mmfp_1012_30_o+2011_ford_mustang_gt_procharger_supercharger_install+procharger_d1sc_supercharger_dyno.jpg

kingnut

Established Member
It does NOT have nitrous. The way an article about the car is worded makes it sound like it was still on the car but it is not. They removed the nitrous before installing the supercharger. The motor is bone stock. They are running 12lbs of boost, but what so many people do not get is that 12lbs of boost on this car is not like 12lbs of boost on say a 05-10. The car has Ti-VCT which allows cam timing adjustment on both intake and exhaust cams. This allows for adjustment of the overlap, and the reason the car has good low end and top end. The EGR output is even controlled via the Ti-VCT. It's really advanced.

So think of a car with a larger cam optimized for a supercharger, it may "see" less boost in the intake but is making more power due to the better efficiency. It's like adding heads/cam/intake to a old pushrod 5.0. The same pulleys that make say 12-13 lbs of boost on a stock motor will make 8-9 on a modded motor. But the gain will be close to the same or more for the 8-9lbs than the 12-13 because boost is just a measure of restriction.

interesting

Users who are viewing this thread