How much should I spend on new convertible top?

rgurleyjr

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
I've never bought one, are the cheap ebay tops comparable to more reputable companies? What brand do you recommend, and does the back glass ever come already installed in the top?

97cobratiny

97cobraTiny
Established Member
I got mine with the back glass for about $700. Dealer will be closer to $1500. If your ever in Jax FL I can give you his info. He is cheap and does a great job. A few days later I had to get the new rear window tinted and the tint guy was saying how well it was done. Still looks good to this day, more than 2 years later

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
7-800 is a decent price for a new convertible top. but you should get references regarding the specific shop you are looking at.

rgurleyjr

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
No, I will be buying the top and installing it myself. That's why I'm asking for a good top reasonably priced. If the cheaper brands are almost as good as the name brands, I'd like to know.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I would NOT be buying a top off of ebay and I would NOT be trying to install it myself. They are not easy to get right. But ..I applaud your bravery and good luck with what ever you do .

PPFProFitter

Established Member
I was going to do the same thing myself. After talking to several people I ended up getting a key top with the rear window and defrost and having a local guy install it. It cost around $800 but my buddy knew the guy and the installer still gives me a hard time about ripping him off.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
i spent 1300 or so, parts and labor. if you havent ever done it before, leave it to a pro. i have messed with vert tops under warr. here at work, and I didnt even wanna mess with it. its a major pain to get it straight and lined up correctly if you dont know what your doing, not saying you dont.... but nothing looks worse to me than a brand new top, that is loose and wrinkled

Users who are viewing this thread