How Much Should I Ask For My Old Sub?

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
I have a 10" black Solo-Baric in a box that fits behind the L's seats. Its in perfect shape. A co-worker is interested, what should I ask for both?

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Here are some pics. Dont mind the mess.

speaker68cb.jpg

speaker11wp.jpg

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
My bad L5. I just went a looked at it. I dunno if those 2 MTX 10's are gonna hit as hard. :(

2004sonicblueL

Established Member
Gripstang said:
My bad L5. I just went a looked at it. I dunno if those 2 MTX 10's are gonna hit as hard. :(
they wont hit as hard!! my buddy has 2 10'' mtx's in his L and i have one 10'' L7 in mine (with i shitty box) and i own his ass every time he trys to turn his up:rockon: !!!!! but i also have 1100 watts going to mine:banana: !!lol!! if i were you i would keep it.. it looks sweet too!! ofcorse i dont turn mine up much....it feels like this:bash: and wow it gives me one hell of a headache

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
lightninmike said:
How old is it and what didyou pay for it new?
No idea Mike it was in the L when I bought it. The guy that is interested said he was quoted 250 with a generic box locally. I want to give this guy a price tomorrow if I can figure out whats fair. Someone just throw something out! lol

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
just sell for a decent price look up some and sell yours 75 or so cheaper. If you sell them and closer it would be better to get new ones 225 or 200 is a pretty good price.

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Thanks man! It may be a better idea to sell the set up to a regular cab F150 owner than this guy. That is unless this box fits behind his 2nd row bench F250 like my L. So you are saying that I should ask for 125 w/the box right?

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
illness said:
that sub is waaay old.. plus its an L5 id say 150 at most for box and sub
I was saying 125... Maybe Ill just say 100 even. I dont want to rip him off. It IS in perfect shape though. :shrug:

Bader3245

Established Member
Electronics general rule of thumb for me has always been half off new as soon as it leaves the box, and about 25% deduction a year. Not an exact math, but seems fair sometimes

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Bader3245 said:
Electronics general rule of thumb for me has always been half off new as soon as it leaves the box, and about 25% deduction a year. Not an exact math, but seems fair sometimes

Good to know, thanks bud. :) Im not sure where that leaves me in this case but I think $100.00 is more than fair. :shrug: For less I may as well keep it.

Users who are viewing this thread