How much should a GOOD paint job cost?

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by I-CAN-STANG
who cares about show quality?!?! you're a complete idiot if you pay $6500 bucks for a paint job on a car you wish to drive everyday.

He asked about a first class job.

ModsAway

Established Member
Originally posted by I-CAN-STANG
here's another thought......If you want a $3500 mystic paint job just go to a Ford dealer and ask them for it because thats how much they cost. You'd expect it to be a lot more when you're talking about a dealer. 6500+ bucks for a paint job is a straight rip off.

I believe that 3500$ charge is ABOVE AND BEYOND the already listed price on an 04 cobra. So they are taking into account the fact that they don't have to paint the car another colour in the first place.

To remove original paint, primer blah blah blah blah blah THEN paint mystic chrome would cost you a bloody fortune (dont right)

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
That's way outa hand. It's not going to be a primer with base paint coat, which is what would cost you the money.

I say no more than $2500 for a white topcoat with clearcoat. If your bumpers are AOK, leave them alone. That should save even more. :beer:

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
dude, just do it through your insurance. if you don't like it, make it clear to them and they'll have to get it done again (probably elsewhere).

my brother's GT had to have the frontend repainted. progressive took it to a ford dealership and it looked like ass. he told them it was crap and they had it redone somewhere else, now it looks good as new. so basically progressive had to pay out of pocket twice for it to get done right (minus my brother's deductible, which he paid once).

maoun

Established Member
ask your insurance for the money...then apply it to a good respectable place you find

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by MikeC
I prefer Macco. They paint over the dirt for free!!

:lol1:

Stay away from any company who has the phrase "Uh-Oh" in their slogan. :thumbsup:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by slythetove
If you aren't changing colors probably $6500 to $7500. Could be near $10,000 if you have all the panels off for a real first class job.

How good of a paint job do you want? It won't be cheap.
thats about right for an entire car done PROPERLY.

J15BIG

Established Member
around here, if you go to a high quality shop and ask them for a SHOW QUALITY paint job, you're looking at 10K MINIMUM. probably more like 15K.

Users who are viewing this thread