How much Power With Hellion 55mm Turbos

chevpwr

Established Member
Has anyone made over 900whp with the S550 Hellion twin turbo system using their 55mm turbos besides Sheldon Lewis and Hellion?

olaosunt

Established Member
Hey Bud.
I too want to know.
Not sure I would push the alluminator pass that though because of the block
Got as far as 10.3@134 on 93 last year. I assume that is about 700 rwhp on wastage springs-10 psi but see 13-14 per my mechanical gauge

It made that on the dyno but boost(and power) was peaking @5300 rpm and droping like a stone after. Peak boost was 15 psi.

Race gas tune made 750 rwhp peaking at 5300 rpm.

Not sure if it is the crap GFB boost controller (never have been able to get it to adjust boost) leading to boost spike/taper or back pressure issues.

I have cut outs now just before the mid pipe which I think is the bottle neck(I welded resonators unto my 2.4 resonator delete pipe to keep the sound down).

I just took off the GFB(sent it back for warranty to see if they can fix it but will probably go to the boost leash) and back on springs only.

I am going to dyno the race gas tune again with the cut outs closed and open to see if this fixes it.

Trying to fine tune stuff before tracks open.

I want to run high 9's running the race gas tune(will try more boost as well),but I am sure I will switch eventually to E85

Send me a PM or call.
We should talk.

Turbosixx

Established Member
Why you ask? Are you thinking the 55's are limiting you?

Last edited:

chevpwr

Established Member
I forgot I had this

Ik3m5T.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread