how much power on e85?

DUMBASS

Banned
I seem to have maxed out my fuel pump. not certain thats the cuase but for some reason i keep going lean under boost. The injectors are only at 80% duty but adding more fuel in the tune is not fixing the lean spike. I am running an eliminator pump and the aeromotive pro EFI regulator. I managed 804 hp at 4750 rpm when it spikes lean. The pump is rated to 1400 hp on standard fuel types. is it possible that i have maxed out this pump? anything i should try or should be looking for?

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
a general rule of thumb is it takes about 35% more fuel per power level. so in this case if that pump is good for 1400hp on regular fuel types, it's only good till about 900 with e85. and if that 900 rating is for engine hp not rwhp then yea i'd say it's maxed...

DUMBASS

Banned
a general rule of thumb is it takes about 35% more fuel per power level. so in this case if that pump is good for 1400hp on regular fuel types, it's only good till about 900 with e85. and if that 900 rating is for engine hp not rwhp then yea i'd say it's maxed...

i found a thread over on mod fords where a guy has made 1104 rwhp through an auto with the exact pump i have. He also maxed out 160lb injectors which are much bigger than i am running. after reading that i find it hard to believe that it could be maxed out.

candyroush

Established Member
does the fuel pressure drop?? what size feed and return are you using?

Last edited:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
i found a thread over on mod fords where a guy has made 1104 rwhp through an auto with the exact pump i have. He also maxed out 160lb injectors which are much bigger than i am running. after reading that i find it hard to believe that it could be maxed out.
hmm, well then yea i guess you shouldn't be maxed out yet. i guess i'd start with the usual fuel pressure check at wot..

DUMBASS

Banned
base pressure is at 45 psi. witht the pro efi regulator it adds 1 psi of presseure per 1 psi of boost. It falls short up top with adding pressure. voltage to the pump is 13.5 across the board. fuel lines are -10 out and -8 return i believe. tuner seems to think we are out of pump.

tommygun

Established Member
aeromotive pump is fine, make sure your filters are changed...very important.

DUMBASS

Banned
aeromotive pump is fine, make sure your filters are changed...very important.

thought that might be the issue so i changed it to the 40 micron stainless filter aeromotive reccomended and that didn't change much of anything. Right now all things are pointing to the pump.

tommygun

Established Member
thought that might be the issue so i changed it to the 40 micron stainless filter aeromotive reccomended and that didn't change much of anything. Right now all things are pointing to the pump.

clogged pick up?

is the tank sumped?

you can send the pump into Aeromotive and have it flow tested, talk to Jared or Brett.

are you losing fuel pressure when it spikes?

sounds maybe like the regulator might be weak?

DUMBASS

Banned
clogged pick up?

is the tank sumped?

you can send the pump into Aeromotive and have it flow tested, talk to Jared or Brett.

are you losing fuel pressure when it spikes?

sounds maybe like the regulator might be weak?

yep tank is sumped, nothing seems to be clogged. I may send it in over the winter but with the season coming to an end here i don't want anymore down time. The car has been down almost all summer. We never lose fuel pressure it just can't ever get to the level we need it to. The pro efi regulator on the car is about a year and a half old and has been on the car for maybe 2500 miles.

i have the base pressure set at 45 psi and then the regulator is suppposed to add 1 psi of pressure per 1 psi of boost. So 45 base +25 psi should get it up around 70. it just never seems to get there it comes up a bit short. there is no drop though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread