How much power/noise gain from adding a Catted X

res0n0xg

Established Member
Found a dirt cheap bassani catted xpipe and want to pick it up, i currently run just an slp loudmouth I catback.

How much power, noise am I going to add? I'm hoping maybe 10hp on the dyno if I'm lucky? Maybe a slightly better power band?

fstr03svtcobra

Established Member
I have LM1s as well and am about to install my catted x with flowtubes from bassani. I was wondering the same thing. How loud is your current setup?

Jefe

Established Member
So you have the stock midpipe now? Its going to be louder and deeper. Youll feel it in your feet on the floorboard. I know I did when I went from stock cats to aftermarket high flow cats on my Bassani X. Stock piping is 2.25" and aftermarket is either 2.5" or 3". You should see a little bit of a performance gain for sure

DICobra

Established Member
so you have the stock midpipe now? Its going to be louder and deeper. Youll feel it in your feet on the floorboard. I know i did when i went from stock cats to aftermarket high flow cats on my bassani x. Stock piping is 2.25" and aftermarket is either 2.5" or 3". You should see a little bit of a performance gain for sure

+1...

03COBRA-88

Established Member
How loud is it going to be? I was thinking of going with slp and a catted xpipe but some have said it is really loud and you can't even hear the eaton scream anymore :shrug:

Jefe

Established Member
Here:

[ame=http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l265/mojosvt/?action=view&current=Few03cobra411runs.flv]03 cobra 411 runs video by mojosvt - Photobucket[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f1wSL4Ms9E"]YouTube - Cobra Exhaust Sound Clip[/ame]

res0n0xg

Established Member
it was already sold.... 150 for a bassani catted x, that sucked. what a deal.

my setup is loud now at WOT, but I'd like a deeper rumble at lower RPM's.

Users who are viewing this thread