how much oil?

CTmatt

Established Member
i bought a 99 4.6 liter saleen s281 that the guy put a v2 vortech and aftercooler on. ive heard on oil changes to add an extra quart for the blower, but just wanted to see what everybody else was adding.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Can't add an extra quart if your pan won't hold an extra quart. See if it's the stock pan and if it is, go with the stock amount. You might want to go to the "blower bistro" though. I don't have a blower and I'm not sure if the blower themselves hold oil. I just know that they need to be lubed.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Yea, blowers vary when it comes to oil. Some have a self-contained oil systems and others tap into the engine. I don't know what the Saleen setup is. Check the blower bistro like Poopnut said.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Vortech taps the oil pan, I THINK, procharger ond powerdyne make the only self contained units.
Fill normal, 6qts. start car, let run about 30sec. stop it and check dipstick.
Do what it tells you.

2000blackone

Established Member
Just remember, P stands for self contained. :lol:
Procharger, Powerdyne, and Paxton all have self contained blowers. I chose to go with the Vortech because the only other company that made a kit for my car was Procharger, but their self contained units are prone to oil leakage. I also liked the idea of fresh oil in my blower every oil change. You can see the blue line in my sig where the line goes down to the pan.

Users who are viewing this thread