(how much of the) Cobra wiring harness (when swapping eng & trans into a GT)

S154

Established Member
I am currently swapping a 2004 Cobra engine/ Transmission into a 2000 Saleen which utilizes the 2000 GT wiring harness. Can anyone help me determine how much of the wiring harnass should be replaced along with the swap?

crazycarlo

Established Member
you do not have to use them if you do not wish. You may have to lengthen some wires and spice some stuff in but its possible to do it without using the entire harness of the 03 cobra. Im doing a cobra motor swap on my 98 cobra and I wont be using an 03 harness.

crazycarlo

Established Member
the 03 computer processes a little faster then the older computer but thats ok for me. Im wiring the IC pump to my olde IMRC plug cause its a steady power source and it has its own fuse. Im extending me IAT sensor and rewiring it to the IAT2 sensor on the blower. Im having a bung welded into my crossover tube for the 98's 2nd coolant sensor. So you see it can be done. I just didnt wanna spend the extra money on the all the wiring and computer and then you have to buy a gauge cluster also.

Its totally up to you and how much work you wanna do.

S154

Established Member
thank you all for your help. I am still a bit of a novice when it comes to mechanics and just going with the flow...it would be nice if I could connect with some individuals who would be willing to discuss this with me more extensively as well. I've been going it alone and it's been painful for me to try to decipher all the mustang magic with the chiltons.
Additionally I have two mustangs a 96 cobra with the all of the 2004 cobra stuff in it (blow head gasket), which I am going to have repaired, as well as possibly adding long tube headers and a kenne bell, and then installing it in to a 2000 S281SC saleen which now has nearly all of the hardware removed, as well as the interior and ECUs are in my possession. I just can't figure out when to stop pulling wires so I"m at a bit of a stand still

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread