How much of a performance loss....

DsG Cobra 03

Established Member
I dynoed my 5.0 couple months back bone stock with flow master outlaw axle back only
weather that day was scorching hot at maybe 101 degrees that car put down 373rwhp and 360tq
Week later I installed a BBK after cat x pipe , week into driving with it 2 codes came up being the driver side O2 sensor and the heat bank 2 sensor , I paid no attention to it being there's no emissions tests where I live. But I've come to learn that causes the car to run lean and causing to lose power and gas.

How much of a performance loss am I having due to the car running like this and the car going into "save the cat mode?" Which I've read it does ?

Also what can I do to solve this? In the following 2 weeks I will be getting a Full 1 piece off road x pipe 3" and a tune.

DsG Cobra 03

Established Member
And also getting the new off road x pipe with the tune solve the power loss problem and get the car back to normal plus the gains from the x pipe and tune

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
You need to take your car to a dealer for the check engine light before you delete the cats and add a tune to it. You have an issue on a stock vehicle with just an after cat X pipe. The tune will not fix your issues as stated multiple times. You have an issue with your front 02's I am going to assume since you did not list any DTC's and just going off of your description.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
To explain clearer you actually have 4 o2's. The fronts are the wideband o2's and when they go bad they typically put the car into COT mode. Cat over temp which dumps more fuel = fat and slow. The rears are the narrow bands and can be turned off in tune once you go catless. The fronts are 120 bucks a pop or so. All set?

Last edited:

DsG Cobra 03

Established Member
Yeah I didn't put the dtc codes there p0050 and p0155 I forgot to mention that there is a missing screw where the cat joins the header and it's been like that since the x pipe install

Users who are viewing this thread