How much n20?

CVR98GT

Audiophile Poster
Established Member
What kind of power ratings can a 98 gt with stock motor, with bolt ons, handle from a bottle?

NXSVTCOBRA

all the GT's that i know of personally are P.I. headed GT's and they run in between 100-150 shots with tuning, the guy i bought my last nitrous kit from was running 125 shot untuned......

NXSVTCOBRA

really none, i've had motors i've sprayed for years, a friend of mine is still riding on a motor i sold him that i had in my notchback for about a year of constant nitrous abuse, i sold him the motor in 2000, he's still riding and spraying it with no problems, as long as you dont over rev while on spray, spray at a low rpm, or spray with low bottle pressure, you should be good

Adam331Stroker

Established Member
Im new to the site, but from what ive read, i would listen to sprayed pony, hes seems to know quite a bit. I just finished my junior year in my automotive engineering program, and just got done with a dyno tunning class where we talked about all this kind of stuff. As long as you tune properly, your not gonna see any more effects than you would running any other kind of forced induction.

modmatt98cobra

yeah my 281 just beat you
Established Member
my friend is running a 125dry shot on his stock 97gt but i think its a little to lean he melts the topps of his plugs off spradicly. :shrug:

MystiChrome04

Established Member
I'd say probably no more than 100 maybe 125 with the stock plastic intake. After that is upgraded i would say 150 at max. As long as it's tuned right you should never really have a problem of any sort.

Users who are viewing this thread