How much money did you put into mods?

thedutt

Established Member
Even though I havent moded my car yet, I still think these cars are just amazing as far as Bang for the buck is concered.. Come on guys, Ya'll who have put in about 3k into your cars, are capable of giving a 55k Z06 a run for its money..

thedutt

Established Member
If i was a gal, i would say it made me weak in my knees :D
The sound was very nice and throaty :) But Im not sure how it would feel on a vert though. The shifter is also something of a must have.

I am going to start considering putting money into my snake after the first oil change and when my cash flow stabalises a little. The first mods I would go for is probably throw in a K&N and remove the snorkel. Next would be shifter. Then the exhaust. Ops, its slippery slope..... :kaboom:

Would the k&n and removing the boot effect the warranty any way? Good place to buy it/install it in Atx? 500 miles before I am at 2k, and then the first oil change.

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
K&N dropin-$45
'03 Bassani Catback-$675
Dr. Gas offroad X-pipe-$295
JDM single program chip-$250

up next.....

2.80 pulley
Steeda Tri-ax shifter
3.73 rear gears
gauges + pillar pod
BFG drag Radials
Amazon intake and MAF
Line Lock

Thanks to my tax return

low 11's hear I come!

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
thedutt,

No, removing the snorkel and using K&N won't affect your warranty at all.

I bought mine at Autozone. Of course I'll teach you how to install it if you like. It's quite simple with minimal tools, which I have. :)

My offer still stands on the shifter also. If you get ready to do that I'll e-mail you a good place to buy online.

I have the Pro 5.0 with the Tri-Ax handle, but you can go with the Tri-Ax or Pro 5.0. Both are very nice.

B-O-B'03

Established Member
Chrome wheels - $500 (sold the old ones for $500)
Magnaflow catted x-pipe & catback - $720
Install for above - $80
K&N drop in filter - Free (thanks Coleman)

I think I am done, for now :coolman:

I'll take it to the next dyno day on the 25th. Any one else want to go?

-Brian

TurboEclipseGSX

Non Ricer
Established Member
not an 03 but... ive spent

David Brode throttle elbow=50
check out the difference
elbow_comp2.jpg

David Brode Upper intercooler pipe=65
Full 3 inch turbo back exhaust (only 2 mandrel bends in it :D ) 600
K&N= free :)
Top End repair=400

a little over 1100, and i ran a 8.8 in the 1/8th with a slipping clutch :thumbsup: (damn these 03 cobras, gonna have to get more mods to stick it out with you guys :-D )

Bullitt_#1346

Established Member
You guys shouldn't complain. I will have over $25k in mods on my car after the engine work they are currently doing is done. I won't be real far ahead of an '03 Cobra with only a few thousand dollars worth of mods either.

Bullitt_#1346

Established Member
Originally posted by TurboEclipseGSX
25k :uh oh: man i wish i had that kind of money to blow, my pos wouldnt be so slow :thumbsup:

Well, about $10k of that is being picked up by the insurance company. I had a little problem on Christmas Eve day. It rained real hard here in Atlanta all night, and on my way to work on Christmas Eve morning when it was still dark out and raining real hard I drove in to some standing water that was too deep. I got cold water sucked up through the intake of my car into the engine which it didn't much care for. That killed the engine immediately and the car was stuck in the water for almost an hour before I could get it out. Water got in the carpet inside the car, too. That is why I am getting a custom engine built from my block right now.

red03cobra

2003 Cobra & 1990 Notch
Established Member
About $4100, so far. See my signature on what. Yeah I am crazy, but I got the car for sticker so I figured it was like I had an extra $5,000 to spend on mods.

Users who are viewing this thread