How much longer until Ford replaces the 5.4L

Jroc

Established Member
Wondering how much longer until Ford replaces the 5.4 with the new 5.0L motor in the F150/Raptor?

The 2011 Mustang GT is about to get its version of it, but I haven't heard much about the truck version of this motor(what kind of HP/lb-ft will it have, iron block or aluminum block, I'm pretty sure it will still be a DOHC motor like in the Mustang, etc) other than it it eventually replace the 5.4. Anybody know anything about this? I would assume the truck version should have atleast 360 or so HP and probably more seeing as the Mustangs version will have 412 HP.

If this motor has close to the same HP as the Mustangs version, and it stays a lightweight aluminum motor then in many ways it might prove to be more desireable than the Boss 6.2L. I'm sure it won't have as much lowend torque, or as broad a powerband as the new Boss motor though.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Originally(from 2 years ago) Ford was testing one for the mustang(400hp 360tq) and one for the truck(360hp 400tq). We now know what the mustang numbers turned out to be....:beer:

Jroc

Established Member
Raptor was originally slated to get the 6.2

They still are, but the 5.4 is suppose to be getting fazed out in the F150(probably in all vehicles with 5.4's) and replaced by the new 5.0, so it only makes sense to replace the 5.4 in the Raptor with the 5.0, and have the 6.2 as an optional engine as its going to be an optional motor will the 5.4 is the standard motor when they Boss first comes out.

The Boss motor is suppose to be a $3000 option.

Cobra 6245

Established Member
The new gas motor is debuting in the super duty trucks. I'm not sure about when but I know the new model year with the new diesel starts this coming Monday.

WPGFORDGUY

Established Member
THe 5.4 is done now we got our last one today, the next one and all going forward will be 6.2's my 1st one shuld be here in 3-4 weeks.

Jroc

Established Member
THe 5.4 is done now we got our last one today, the next one and all going forward will be 6.2's my 1st one shuld be here in 3-4 weeks.

I thought the 6.2 was going to be an optional motor with a $3K premium over the 5.4, and later to be 5.0 when it replaces the 5.4 in the F150. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread