how much is this truck worth?

1996mstgcobra

Established Member
my father in law is selling a red 99 lightning with 63000 miles. he just replaced the driver side head due to the head spitting out a spark plug. it does have a rebuilt title. i think it needs a torque converter cause it makes noise while idling. i checked the frame and everything looks clean it appears to me it was hit on the front end cause the hood and grille appear to be repainted and cheap aftermarket parts. he asked me for $7000.. you guys think that's a fair price being the truck is a rebuilt title? what would be a good offer? any suggestions on what to check before making him any offer?.....thanks

1996mstgcobra

Established Member
interior is really clean no mods at all. the front end was repainted and truck looks clean in and out. will i be able to insure the truck being that it has a rebuilt title?

Last edited:

spincobra03

Established Member
rebuilt titles generally go for 60 to 70 percent less than the book value. If you plan on keeping the truck I say go for it, but if you dont plan on keeping it for a LONG time then dont bother. Rebuilt titles are hard to sell. I think 6 or 7,000 might be a good price but I would have to see and drive the truck to really tell. Take it to a mechanic and have them go through it completly and have them give you there opinion. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread