How much is my cobra worth?

arbs

Established Member
Hi guys I was just wondering if you guys can help me out to see what my car is worth.

I know I can go by KBB but it doesn't seem like people follow the KBB price for our cars. I guess people go by how much they're modded or unmodded. The cars are usually sold more on a street value kind if thing.

Well anyway I have a 2004 redfire that has 41k+ miles with the original motor and transmission. The only modifications I have are

-17×9 and 17×10.5 AFS machined with black cutout replicas
-Billetflow differential brace
-Bassani catback
-K&N intake (will give factory air box)
-H&R sport springs with polyurethane isos all around
-Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors
-Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates
-3M 35% tint all around (except windshield)
-Ford accessory keyless entry (installed between license plate lights)

Other than those that's it. I have all the paperwork, manuals, and other stuff that came with the car. I also have all the receipts in a binder that I've spent on the car. It's time for something different with a little more space.

What do you guys think? Would asking for $23k be too high? Thanks for the help guys. If anyone on here wants to check it out that would be fine too. If anyone is interested in buying it or whatever let me know. Thanks guys in advance.

ModMike1572

Established Member
Sounds like a nice car and tastefully modded. 23k sounds like a bit much, in my honest opinion.

You can ask whatever you want for it though (OBO), and see what offers come your way. I would guess you could bring in 20k though with the right buyer.

arbs

Established Member
Sounds like a nice car and tastefully modded. 23k sounds like a bit much, in my honest opinion.

You can ask whatever you want for it though (OBO), and see what offers come your way. I would guess you could bring in 20k though with the right buyer.

Yeah okay, I was just throwing a number out there. I didn't want to go mod crazy on the car although there were times where the Whipples and KBs looked tempting. Thanks for the Input.

ajt9229

Established Member
I Paid $21K for mine last year with 12.4K miles. It had a cat back, K&N, short throw and a gear. My brother bought a SB vert with 33K miles with a 2.3 whipple and all the bolt ons, cams, headers, tanks everything for $22.5K.

Not saying you wont get what you're asking but go into the for sale forum. My guess is you'd get between 18/20K just my .02

arbs

Established Member
I Paid $21K for mine last year with 12.4K miles. It had a cat back, K&N, short throw and a gear. My brother bought a SB vert with 33K miles with a 2.3 whipple and all the bolt ons, cams, headers, tanks everything for $22.5K.

Not saying you wont get what you're asking but go into the for sale forum. My guess is you'd get between 18/20K just my .02

Okay that's cool. Thank you! I wasn't stuck on $23k. I just wanted to get a rough estimate. So it seems like anywhere from $18k-$20k would be ideal.. hmm.

I know cars aren't good investments but I didn't get my car for that. But do you think our cars values will go up later on? Not far from now but like maybe the summer time? Would people pay more to get into a car like this for the summer?

cj428mach

Established Member
I wouldn't take less than 20 if it was me. The thing that hurts you is its red fire thats one of the least wanted colors.

arbs

Established Member
Really? I didn't know that redfire was the least wanted color. That sucks. I always liked dark red maroon burgundy cars. Thank for the Input.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I would say IMO its worth around 21.5K. My rule of thumb when selling a car, start high, you can always come down, but you can never go back up. So you could start around 23k or 22.5k and then take an offer for less.

sounds like a nice car. I think red fire is beautiful.

best of luck!

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
One thing that really helps is that you have very tasteful modifications that people like to do anyway, so that will save somebody a little money in the long run.

got any pics of the car?

Zemedici

Established Member
The cobra market is in a down swing. When I bought mine a year ago, it was worth what I paid. Now I'm taking a $2-4k loss. Just how it goes :beer:

cj428mach

Established Member
Really? I didn't know that redfire was the least wanted color. That sucks. I always liked dark red maroon burgundy cars. Thank for the Input.

It just seems like comparable red fire cars don't bring as much as other colors. Also I can't say i've ever read a WTB red fire add in the market place. Plenty of OW, CO, SB, SY, etc but never seen a red fire. Me personally it wouldn't bother me if it was a clean car but I think it turns others off.

arbs

Established Member
Thanks everyone for the Input and the compliments on the car. It's helping me out a lot in regards to what to to expect for my baby. I don't want to sell it but I need something bigger and more practical at the moment. I know I'll get another mustang in the long run. That's for damn sure!!

I'll post some pictures when I get home.

arbs

Established Member
here a few

IMG_1986_zps1716d48c.jpg

IMG_1856_zps49182803.jpg

IMG_1855_zps7fad14df.jpg

IMG_1852_zps2eea6da8.jpg

IMG_1851_zpsfb68dc00.jpg

IMG_1850_zps9ca4f068.jpg

IMG_1849_zpse0b0e1ae.jpg

arbs

Established Member
Nice car, keep it

Thannks man. I try to keep it that way. I just need something with more space and thats more practical at the moment. I know I will be sad but then again I can always get another one, one day. Hopefully..

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
In before someone ask OP for his bottom dollar cash :rolleyes:

OP, if someone post that or ask you that in PM, don't give it to them, tell them to make you their best offer. Why? Because you will tell them your bottom dollar amount and they will then think that's the new starting point for negotiations. Don't fall for the trap....

Regarding what you can expect - how many owners has the car had and has it been in CA for it's entire life? Those are important. And I don't think you have to expect less because it's Redfire. It's not CO or MC, but it's also not Zinc Yellow.

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
Car looks great. Sorry you've gotta let it go. From what I've seen you're in the ballpark on pricing.

Don't get bogged down by the color argument. IMO that's all BS anyway.
What is relevant is your buyers market. Focus on that. Continue to keep the car clean. Be honest and it will sell.

arbs

Established Member
Alright. Thanks guys for the Input. I just offered it to someone for $23k. That'll be the starting point. If he goes lower then that. I guess it would be better than if I started the price at a lower point. Sounds like a confusing sentence. But you guys know what I mean.

So he just texted me back and he said he'll give me a call later on after work. He said he had to speak to the warden (the wife). So hopefully the warden gives him the green light.

Again, thanks guys.

Eatonualive281

Established Member
IMO the car is a stock car for the most part. Stock blower/stock pulley? If that's the case, I'd say its worth about 22k. How many cars are out there that are this stock? Not a whole lot. Get a good detail done and clean it up really well. You should get close to what you are asking for.

Just my opinion. Glws OP!

b_dike

Established Member
I like the car, nice and clean, tasteful mods, relatively low miles. If I were to make an offer on this car I'd probably offer 17 to 18k, and work with you from there. Also it really, really helps to keep the engine bay clean. Its kind of a pet piev of mine, and one of the first things I look for on a new (to me) car. Hope this helps. Just tryn to give you a perspective from the other side...

Users who are viewing this thread