How much is clean 93 Cobra worth?

Bobrammer

Established Member
I found an unmolested 93 with low miles and very good condition.
What's a car like that worth? Black with grey interior. Thanks!

pgpony

Established Member
It really depends on the mileage. I have seen 93's with around 20,000 miles that are for sale in the $17k range. My 93 had 126,000 on the clock and I picked it up for $9000. The fact that it is bone stock will add to its value.

Bobrammer

Established Member
Thanks guys. Car has a little over 22K miles on it. Still has a cassette player! They were asking $12K which seemed high to me. I guess I'll take a closer look.

bbates

Established Member
bobrammer 12k for a 22k mile 93 is pretty darm good. check and make sure its never been damaged. i got nailed that way. i didnt check all fenders for vin tags when i bought it and later saw the left fender had been replaced. (dot tag instead of vin) luckly i only paid $7800. for it with 86k on the clock. to me still worth it. good luck w/purchase:beer:

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
Yeah 12K sounds like a great deal if the title is clean.

Damn, bbates, you got a good deal also. When I bought my 93, about 5 years ago, when the resale was near its highest, I intentionally found one that had been wreaked (not totaled) and in rough shape because I knew the car would be an ungaraged daily driver. Now it runs like a champ, and looks a little better, still needs paint bad. The lady I bought the car from used it as a daily driver and hauled around two kids in car seats. I was finding Fruit Loops hidden in it for about a year.

bbates

Established Member
jimjr yeah i got lucky. i had been looking for one for about two months when i found mine and had gone through many including one for $8500 that had a recon title! (also in ft worth area) one sat morning i was looking in auto trader and for the first time i looked under $8000 and boom. their it was just posted that morning! i called the guy and asked if it was legit and he said yes. i told him his money is on the way (besides carfax was clean) so i flew to hays kansas and picked it up. later noticed the fender. oh well still love it. bt the way are you going to ffw next weekend?

BiLL1024

Established Member
I paid 6500 for mine with 136k ,needed exhaust and clutch .still needs paint blue book is 8500 still but there is another book for collectors that lists it as is now for 11000. The dealer I got it from offered me 9000 cash if would bring it back to him he said to me "you stole that cobra from me and I want it back I didnt know what I had" I just laughed at him and traided my 98gt for a suv ,could not keep both mustangs.

Digdoug

Established Member
Mine had been hit and fixed in the front. Both fenders are original, but I don't believe the hood is, and I know the bumper cover is aftermarket. I was buying it to use as a daily driver, and it was clean with new paint so I was OK with it. It has a clean title and very clean interior so it's all good...and had 108K miles on it.

ms hiss

Established Member
I hate to tell you guys what we paid for ours. We had been looking for one for a long time but didn't want to pay the 10 or 12 thousand it took to buy one. Well boom one day on stangnet there she was black 93 all original, 112,000 miles, clean carfax and just a few suspension upgrades for $5,500. called right away and bought it. Flew down to az and drove her back. Shes a wonderful cars and runs fantastic! You just have to keep your eyes open.

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
I paid 16K for mine seven years ago. Had 30K on the clock. Bought it from the Ford lot that originally sold it. The original owner traded it for an Explorer. I saw it sitting on the lot and fell in love.

Last edited:

Lee

Established Member
Bought mine in April of 2000 for $12,500 with 55k miles. All original, no mods, and I'm the second owner. Could I have found one for less? Maybe/probably, but it was Teal and local. Been thrilled with it ever since!

Digdoug

Established Member
Well....I found the receipt in my glovebox from where the guy I bought the car from had picked it up...he gave $5000 for it about 4 mos before I bought it. I didn't do nearly as well, but he had painted it and since the nose has been replaced I would guess he probably bought it wrecked and fixed it. I'm still happy with the deal I got on it though. I couldn't have bought it for $5K and fixed it for what I paid for it.

Users who are viewing this thread