how much hp will a tr3650 hold?

zx3focus

Established Member
My 3650 is holding up great. I am not easy on it by any means. It has seen many passes down the track and powershifts smoothly. No complaints here. The t45 on the other hand, what a POS. Mine also has had mobil 1 in it since I put it in the car. Probably has about 40k miles on it now.

sicvenm01

Established Member
i went through 2 3650's in my old 01. First one 2nd went out, second one 3rd and fourth went out. i would research rpm transmissions they have stout 3650 for a very good price.

blownnotcher

MACA Resident MMA Fighter
Established Member
i was told by a couple peeps if you put a shifter on it with stops, and its adjusted right, that eliminates 90% of the probs. by not overshooting the forks on the sliders

65fastback2+2

Established Member
i was told by a couple peeps if you put a shifter on it with stops, and its adjusted right, that eliminates 90% of the probs. by not overshooting the forks on the sliders

dont listen to them

3650's have internal stops...if you put a shifter on, you take the stops OUT or you CAN ruin the trans

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member

Not sure if ur talking about the tr3650 or not but if you are, the trans has built in shift stops so using the shift stops on an aftermarket shifter could be damaging. Atleast thats what it said on my install instructions on my mgw.

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
mine just lost second gear at the track thursday night... it had acted up a while back and even double o drove it and had issues, but i removed the shift stops in the shifter, replaced fluid with royal purple, and thought it would be better... wrong.. first pass N/A with hoosier DR's and it grinded going into second, when i released clutch it popped the shifter back out and never went back in.... i am looking at a built TKO600 right now to throw in her so i can figure out the next week point.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
sound like a bent shift fork...

yup...

on a side note i took my car for spin today after a two week sit and my Fuel Pres guage died...it's getting power so i fear the sensor what tits up

Last edited:

DarkMesa8

4.6 Rookie, 5.0 Pro
Established Member
Well ya clutch has alot to do with it, an agressive clutch can def break down a tranny faster. And yes driving style has alot to do with it to, sticky tire, lots of time on a prepped track.

Are the 03/04 clutch's even considered that aggressive?

The FMS catalog says that it only has a 10% high bust speed over the 99/01, and doesn't say it has any more torque capacity.

Users who are viewing this thread