how much hp will a tr3650 hold?

blownnotcher

MACA Resident MMA Fighter
Established Member
getting ready to put a blower on my cobra and want to know what the trans will hold before it blows

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
depends on how you drive it...sensibly and it could hold 500 rwhp for a while...drive like an idiot and you can break it at stock power levels...

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
depends on how you drive it...sensibly and it could hold 500 rwhp for a while...drive like an idiot and you can break it at stock power levels...

I don't know about an idiot. I blew up my 3650 after putting in a 04 Cobra clutch. A quick shift into second at 6700rpm that layed down rubber and then second gear was made into pieces. Never powershifted the car.

I think my 3650 had issues though from the get go.

A mechanically no issue 3650 should hold.

01 Venom

Established Member
Well ya clutch has alot to do with it, an agressive clutch can def break down a tranny faster. And yes driving style has alot to do with it to, sticky tire, lots of time on a prepped track.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Along, the same lines, when people buy upgraded tranny's, do they come with the input shaft or is that a totally different part that requires different parts?

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
mine has held 415RWTQ for 4 years now....how i don't know but it has.

watch my car will shit a tranny tomorrow now that i just jinxed myself

wallie40

Established Member
I have been 4yrs without any issues and i have been above 420hp the whole time. I shattered my clutch at the track and broke the cable on the street. I am still running the same trans with no issues.

sometimes they just hold together.

302venom

yeah its only a 99..
Established Member
Sorry to change the subject but my cobra was putting down 500whp. on a t45 i havent had any real problems sometimes grind in rev. im replacing the mtr.but im comming short on $$ with the build and i have to put the t-45 back in along with a 5.0 charged stroker mtr. pwr. is going to be bearound 550+ has anyone heard of these trany holding this kind of pwr.

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
Sorry to change the subject but my cobra was putting down 500whp. on a t45 i havent had any real problems sometimes grind in rev. im replacing the mtr.but im comming short on $$ with the build and i have to put the t-45 back in along with a 5.0 charged stroker mtr. pwr. is going to be bearound 550+ has anyone heard of these trany holding this kind of pwr.

i am hoping mine holds after the tune i should be seeing over 550+ to the wheels. Driving around is fine and roll racing shouldnt be bad either. i heard that i better stay away from hard launches with a stock tranny. hopefully by june i can swap in a built t-56

Users who are viewing this thread