how much hp on gt pumps?

xblownx

Established Member
I was wondering what kind of hp the ford gt pumps and fpdm cand handle? I'm looking at ways around having to change to a return f/s, I have 60# inj. and a bap, I am changing from a 2.2 to a 2.8h any input would help.:shrug:

Fuerza

Established Member
To really get the most out of GT fuel pumps it recommended to run a Dual FPDM harness and upgrade your fuel lines. RWTD did some testing recently on a car that was running GT pumps, Dual FPDMs, modified fuel hat with twin -6 outlets to a Y fuel filter with a -8 outlet going up to the fuel rails. The car made over 700 hp and was only at 86% fuel pump duty cycle.

Fuerza

Established Member
Ex President said:
Wow... So what's the limits on our factory Cobra pumps?

How bout with a boosta pump?

That is kind of a loaded question. Every car is different, factory stock the pumps may max out at 475-500. Add a BAP to the stock fuel set-up and you should be able to go up to 650. Keep in mind the stock 39lb injectors will max out past 500.

A BAP and 60lb injectors will support most peoples needs.

mavereq

Established Member
i put in the gt pumps with a modified fpdm and am curious about the limitations of it. i didn't upgrade any of the wiring harness or fuel line. i am considering redoing the entire fuel system from the rails to the hat, but not sure how far i can go on just the pumps.

Users who are viewing this thread