How much HP do you think my 347 stroker has?

fubu795

Banned
Well since the car has been completed, I've never gotten it tuned or dynoed yet. Plan on going after winter when the cage and rearend are done. Just curious what you guys think it might put down running N/A

Stock bored block 347
JE Forged Pistons/rods 10.5/1 compression
Crane highlift Cam
Trickflow R Heads
Trickflow R Intake upper/lower
Flyudyne radiator
MSD coil and ignition
BBK throttle body
42lb injectors (running no2 not yet hooked up)
holly fuel pump
Canton 7quart pan
Mac Longtubes, Mac hpipe, mac catback
Beefed up T5, aluminum driveshaft
All ARP hardware

plus bunch other misc supporting things....

Car runs like a raped ape, doesnt feel as fast as my 03 cobra but my buddy has a 04 Mach 1 that runs 12.50's and I can pull on him easily. I have a wet nitrous kit ill be running also, have the jets for a 200 shot.

Dan...

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
What kinda "beefed up" T5 is it? If its not a G-force u probably wont be lasting too long. You didnt give much info on the cam im not sure what the high lift is packing, but i would guess aroudn 370-380rwhp.

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
Pretty much in agreement with WhiteDevil.

I'm guessing at LEAST 360 at the wheels. There are alot of factors that can influence it but you have a damned solid setup. If everything is working together like it should (including the tune) I could see you knocking on the door of 400rwhp.

Lets see some pics of that ride! :D

Paul

94CobraPace

Established Member
With out cam specs it's hard to say how much hp. If it is match with the heads & intake, should be at least 350 rwhp (that's probly a low guess also).

a_lil_red_302

SVT RIPPER
Established Member
i would have to say more around 400 to the wheels maybe even a little more!
nice job tho let me know what you get it dynoed at!

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Yeah, that block is gonna take a shit right in the valley for sure, especially on some squeeze. Anyways, I've seen that same setup many times and it'll make right around 375. It would breach 400rwhp with really aggressive tuning though.

fubu795

Banned
Wow, someone brought back this thread from the dead, lol. I haven't had much time to focus on this car, been doing tons of work to my cobra. Something failed in the 347 motor, got oil all over the 2 rear spark plugs. We are pulling the motor this week or next week and seeing whats up. Have a feeling some bearings have gone bad, not sure. Gonna send the crank, rods, and pistons out to be checked. New steel flywheel and RAM clutch also going in. Let you guys know how it goes!

Users who are viewing this thread