how much Hp before a crankshaft support needed?

LT1BIRD

Established Member
how much Hp before a crankshaft support needed? im looking to run around 750 rear wheel.. with a 2.8 kenne bell. at what HP will a crank support be needed.. my big issue is i dont run the cobra accessory drive.. I run the 2001 accessory drive with the blower running right off the innovators dampner... so swapping all that crap over would suck...if i dont need to do it.. just get the balancer stud??

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Stud the crank snout is the best thing you can do. When you get into the 1150-1200rwhp range you’ll need to double key the crank

LT1BIRD

Established Member
you can buy just a simple bolt in stud kit correct... But i think some folks redrill the hole larger and deeper when the crank it out of the car.....??

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
you can buy just a simple bolt in stud kit correct... But i think some folks redrill the hole larger and deeper when the crank it out of the car.....??
Yea stud and bolt are two different things. I’m talking about studding the crank. Removing it drill to almost the #1 main bearing. You can run a big ARP bolt but it’s not the same

LT1BIRD

Established Member
Ya I was doing some reading on that.. ill have that done for sure on my new motor i build.. this one.,.,ill gamble lol.. thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread