how much horsepower

BtwnSVTcobra

Banned
how much horsepower will it take before i fry all my shit.....i'm thinking of getting a procharger or a vortech supercharger and i'm looking to make up to 500 rwhp.....what do you guys think build it then blow it.....keep the boost low and make less horsepower.....or blow it then give myself a reason to build it then get KB.

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
depends on how much money you have? If you have the money now dont even bother blowing it because much more could go wrong when blowing up rods. Like coming out of the block then your fawked every posible way. I would just pull it now and rebuild.

Iceberg

Established Member
yeah I would build it first. The stock motor can only take around 450 rwhp. Also if you haven't yet think about upgrading the rear end. The half shafts on our cars are really weak.

BtwnSVTcobra

Banned
i dont WANT to blow the motor but if i ever did i'd definately go ahead and build it or buy a terminator motor ya know.....i'm not trying to blow up my shit its just kind of a joke

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Iceberg said:
yeah I would build it first. The stock motor can only take around 450 rwhp. Also if you haven't yet think about upgrading the rear end. The half shafts on our cars are really weak.
+1

red03cobra

2003 Cobra & 1990 Notch
Established Member
Talk to the real dragstrip veterans and they will tell you suspension and tires are more important than peak engine HP for best times. HP is important too but useless if you cannot get it to the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread