How much gap in my plugs?

slo-GT

Established Member
Nitrous kit is installed and ready for tuning on my 99 GT. I'm installing the new plugs. I was told that NGK BR7's would work, so I picked them up today. Question is....how much do i need to gap them. (car has a 100 shot wet kit) Anyone else in here using these plugs with nitrous. I've noticed many people use TR6's. The BR7's will be ok with this setup right? How much gap do I need on them?

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
with a 100 shot, you should go with the tr6's which are one heat range colder than stock. not 100% on the gap- i think .030
who told you about the br7's?

GT_Jim

Established Member
Yeah, the Tr6's are what you want, and a .030 gap should be good to go. I put a little more gap in mine and it's to much for a 125 wet shot.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
If it doesn't foul or misfire just putting around it would be ok, it is plenty cold of a plug. .028/ .030. I wouldn't go any more than .030, u have a plastic intake, they don't take well to n2o pops. The tr6 is what my friends gt runs at .028 w a nx 100 wet shot. The br7 is a more race type plug (Non extended tip) one step colder than the 6. I heard they idle worse but never used them. I use trix7's at .028 w the sprayed 03.

Users who are viewing this thread