How much for a paint job?

grey03mach1

Speed Junkie
Established Member
Same color or different color?

Maybe this will clear things up for you....
8T14618A.03.jpg

Hideous is a word that comes to mind. However, it only has 68k miles and the price is very reasonable.

Last edited:

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Its just paint...

Look past the green/black and imagine an oxford white or sonic blue....

I know I was just making a joke. Add the cost of the paint to the final price of the car and ask yourself if it's worth it to you.

A quality color change will more than likely cost you in the neighborhood of $5k. I owned a '94 Cobra that had been repainted (same color) and the previous owners bill was $3,500.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
To even remotely fix that car right and *assuming* it has black jams/underhood already...I'd say you'll be doing GOOD to get out for 4500-5k for an "all over" minus underhood/jams.

Pray you get a good masking job and prep.

ttk53

Established Member
this car was for sale here a few times it once had a whipple on it and has been put back to stock and who knows what else

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I just spoke with the seller and the cars original color is black. I can get it for 12,500

Well for us our prices start at $3,500 with NO body work and its staying the original color. If your looking to change the color completely then 5 to 6k easy. The most important part is PREP. For most shops, that's the first place they cut corners on. Followed by products they use. Do not make price a determining factor when picking a shop. There are more HACK shops out there then good ones. You have look at there past work, experience and ask questions.

Quality paint job = extensive prep + experience + good products

I would say 20% of the personal cars we paint is other shops screw ups. I can't tell you how many times we will quote a job and be 500 - 1500 more then the other shop and then that person comes back 6-8 months later to have part or the whole thing re-done and end up spending 3 or 4k more then they would have with us originally

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Depends who you know, if you don't have any connections, I agree it could be around $4k+, but i've known a lot of people with hook ups get it for the cost of paint only, but those are few and far.

grey03mach1

Speed Junkie
Established Member
I think I'm gonna pass. I did not know about the whipple. It also has a rear main seal leak. Thanks for the input though. I really want a Cobra right now but will not pay 20k+ to get one.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
I'll sell you mine for $12,500

Jk man but seriously, you would be wise to pass on that car. Nobody that really knows or cares about their car would paint it like that. Find a nice one, no mods, older owner. Pay a little more now, save a LOT more later.

Users who are viewing this thread