How much does it cost for blower shipping over the border(Can/USA)

sho95

Established Member
Hey all
I was going to drive down to Missouri to have the blower ported but now with gas prices and all I may just ship mine down. How much will it cost with shipping and duty? Any other info would be appreciated.

James

Venomous04

Established Member
Hey James when were you planning on having it ported? I was gonna send my blower, tb, and plenum to Steig for the Stage III sometime in the winter. My plan was to drive down to Ogdensburg, NY ship it from there and have it shipped back to Ogdensburg, NY , you save a bunch in fee's that way. We could always ship both at the same time, maybe save some $ that way.

Marc.

sho95

Established Member
Hey Marc

Long time no see.
I was hoping to do the core swap in october or drive down to Missouri for the hell of it and do some touring with the wife. With gas prices in flux i am not sure about the drive.
I might just order the core sometime soon and then swap it and send mine to them.
I am still on the fence about who will do the tune when i get it back and put some pullies on it. Another reason to go to Missouri. I think Steeda is the closest for tuning unless you know someone around Ottawa.

I was hoping to have it done before i put her away so i can test it out.
I want to order some pullies from Doug at Billetflow so if you can let me know how much i can save by picking all this stuff up i would appreciate it.
I was out to one of the solo II events just to watch. looks like fun.

Drop me a line.

James

Venomous04

Established Member
Hey Man Tapp Auto in Ottawa can tune your car I'm not sure he's ever done a cobra but he's tuned a lot of high performance vehicles (http://www.tappauto.com), I just bought a wideband and xcal2 that way I can datalog and get a mail order tune or have Tapp tune it it's upto me :)

Steeda can tune but I don't know anything about them really.

As for savings, you have to pay your tax's and thats it, no brokerage fee's from UPS. Just claim everything at the border. I usually save a hundred or more depending on how much stuff I've ordered. But then again with gas prices who knows whats more expensive, the drive down or the UPS fees :)

I just bought a bunch of stuff for my car so I'm not really ready for pulleys and port just yet, well maybe if I get my product release bonus I can do it in Oct as well

*gets back to work*

Marc.

Users who are viewing this thread