How much do you think my Lightning is worth?

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
A lot of you guys know the history of my Lightning and what all I've done to it. I'm not currently thinking about selling it but I was just curious as to how much I could get for it if I ever decided to. What do you guys think???

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
Right now, not very much. Ive got about 20K into mine and listed at 15k with 62000 miles and Ive had no interest. Thats just 600 over kbb with that much done and no one is interested. To us they are worth a lot but not the guys buying them. There are so many that are selling for cheap.

TqMnster

Established Member
Just paid 14 for my 03 with 70k on the clock. They are goin pretty cheap thanks to exxon mobil and friends

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
Unfortunately none of us will ever come close to breaking even after the amount of money we've spent on our trucks, especially someone in it as far as you. Its even harder now that the market for gas-guzzling vehicles has come to a screeching halt.

TqMnster

Established Member
Only worth as much as someones willing to pay for it in the end. Hard to say. Just have to find someone wanting a truck thats already been built and even then you'd be hard pressed to get much back out of it.

PenguinGT

Established Member
I just picked up my '02 (bone stock) w/37k original miles for $15,995.

We're going to look at an '01 w/58k miles for an asking price of $12,900 on Saturday.

IMO - modified vehicles tend to bring less $$$ from most buyers because they assume the car/truck has been beat to chit... I've modified dozens of Mustangs, but I have yet to pruchase anything modified.

I'D WIN

Established Member
Somebody locally bought a fully built motor/tranny/etc, '04 with 19k miles on it for $17.5k. They aren't bringing in crap right now.

Hell, my brother just went to a Ford dealer in TX where the F350 was going for $34k out the door with a sticker price of $59k. They are doing whatever they can to unload inventory. He picked up a fully loaded F150 4-door for $14k.

PenguinGT

Established Member
We've been shopping for local Lightnings in our area and I've got to say that finding one with CLEAN history is the challenge...

1/2 of the ones we looked at either had salvage titles or were in accidents! Low mileage, good looking trucks can be deceiving.

As these become more affordable, more idiot punks are getting their hands on them and ruining a piece of Ford history IMO. There should be a "no tool" buying clause to keep morons out of these and into Civics... >=<

9red_lightning9

Established Member
About a year ago i bought my 99 with 32,xxx on the clock for like 15000. Boy if I new in a year they'd be giving these trucks away I would have waited. But I still have no regrets these trucks are amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread