How much do modifications affect the value

harleyreb1

Established Member
of these 1993 models.
I understand if one is a low mileage all orginal car it will bring top dollar, but I see alot on e-bay and elsewhere with S/C's and H/C/I 351's...etc still bringing good money. What have ya'll see as far as this is concerned?

By the way mine has 180k miles, svo alum heads, some sort of cam, and aftermarket headers and exhaust. But everything else is stock even the rear end gears. Over all condition right now I would say out of 10 its a 6. But I soon plan to fix that and make it a very nice driver and just have fun with it!

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
My opinion is that they are still Mustangs which are almost expected to be modified. I think a collector my frown upon mods but most other potential buyers see mods as money they don't have to spend.

Besides that, it is your car, you should enjoy it like you want to. If you are looking at is an investment, there are far better places to put your money.

My .02c

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Seems like once they hit 100K miles they have to be in pretty damn great shape and/ or have a blower to pull over $10k. Pretty picky group of buyers imo. Allot want the concours cars. Still plenty out there that don't though so hold out for your price.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Big Ben said:
My opinion is that they are still Mustangs which are almost expected to be modified. I think a collector my frown upon mods but most other potential buyers see mods as money they don't have to spend.

Besides that, it is your car, you should enjoy it like you want to. If you are looking at is an investment, there are far better places to put your money.

My .02c

+1

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Keep all the stock parts.
Modding cars will kill the resale value unless the buyer knows what they are getting. The car may be leap years ahead of stock form but.. how many people really know the car is much better than stock form?
They just want to put the key in and go.
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread