How much did you buy your "used" cobra for?

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
If you bought your 03/04 cobra used, how much did you pay for it? Were there any mods? And how many miles?

I'm doing a little research on the pathetic resale value of these cars! I'm having trouble selling mine, even at 25k for a cobra that is essentially trouble-free, with the exception of the rear-end "tink", which many cobras exhibit. I will be dropping the price on this POS in the next 3 months. I take pretty good care of my car, but if it's not sold by then, I'm going to drive the shit out of it, return it to stock, trade it in and let some poor sap pay a dealer markup for a "last minute abused" cobra.

TargeT

Established Member
only mod was no mufflers

I got mine from a bank ( REPO!) with 17,000 miles on it

paid : 25,500 total

but thats in alaska,, so there's prolly a 3-5k markup standard... lol

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I'm doing a little research on the pathetic resale value of these cars! [/B]
Don't jump the gun too quickly.......Very clean (AKA) "perfect" have gone for 27 to 28K in this area lately. Problem is that the 03 holdovers were being strongly rebated and marked down....and many of the fellas that are selling their 03's are taking less money in an attempt to get out of that $500 payment.

quad

Established Member
Originally posted by Forbidden Snake
I take pretty good care of my car, but if it's not sold by then, I'm going to drive the shit out of it, return it to stock, trade it in and let some poor sap pay a dealer markup for a "last minute abused" cobra.

Hmm, remind me not to buy a used Cobra. There's no telling how many people think like you! Seriously, why would you try and do in someone else - the same thing could happen to you??!!

GO HOKIES!

Established Member
Oh yea, i forgot to mention, a guy bought it for $35,000 the week before. Yea the value goes down a ton as soon as it leaves the lot!:nonono:

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Re: Re: How much did you buy your "used" cobra for?

Originally posted by quad
Hmm, remind me not to buy a used Cobra. There's no telling how many people think like you! Seriously, why would you try and do in someone else - the same thing could happen to you??!!

It's an evil itch that needs to be scratched.... Honestly, I'm a little irritated and piss that the car has been on the market for over a year and has gone nowhere. I don't know if it's the price or the fear of buying a used modified car. It just doesn't make sense to me that people would rather buy from a dealer and pay a marked-up vs. buying from a private party at a cheaper price, other than easy financing throught the dealer.

I'm a honest seller, I will disclose to the buyer any existing problems and/or flaws (which are normal wear & tear and minor stuffs), which probably scares people away. People would rather buy something that they don't know about. So I have no other choice but to 1) Lie about the condition of car that has been modded or 2) Beat the living shit out of it and pass it to the dealer onto an unsuspecting buyer. I'd rather not lie so it's option #2 because it satisfy that evil itch, that if you don't want to buy from an honest person, I'll make sure you end up with a POS if you prefer to go to the dealer. I know I'm evil, but that's gonna be how it is.

Last edited:

fastsnake99

top down, chrome spinnin'
Established Member
paid $25k for mine , black 10th vert 6700 miles , all stock .. was a military guy that had to get rid of the car

davidwhitt

Established Member
Bought my '03 coupe new with 100 miles on it for $28,000 last month - love it so far - just added factory chrome wheels today

venomous99

Established Member
wow,
some of you guys got great deals on your new/used cobras
i paid $26900 4months ago for my 03 with 1700miles

MTI LS1

I got mine last October with 4k miles. I paid 30 for the car with a list of mods. It was from a close friend.

Jr Mint

Established Member
5200 miles. 26,750...Also....everyone, please take into account where everyone is from......some states have higher mark up....such as here in Illinois.....a car is more expensive then other states.....so yes people got good deals...but thats what it goes for where they got it.....in Illinois.....you CANT get a used cobra for under 26500 ANYWHERE......i looked for a long time till I got mine

Users who are viewing this thread