how much could i get for my car?

mikes93cobra

Established Member
I was wondering how much i could get for a 93 cobra with 130k miles on the car itself, but a gt-40 302 with 350 HP. tremec 3650 tranny, auburn rearend, aeromotive fuel system, ready to hold alot of horsepower. currently have a 331 with a vortech and afr's, but i have to much invested in that motor to let it go more then likely. I was just wondering, car is in great shape, has cobra R hood, only exterior mod.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128364 here is some pics....

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
mikes93cobra said:
I was wondering how much i could get for a 93 cobra with 130k miles on the car itself, but a gt-40 302 with 350 HP. tremec 3650 tranny, auburn rearend, aeromotive fuel system, ready to hold alot of horsepower. currently have a 331 with a vortech and afr's, but i have to much invested in that motor to let it go more then likely. I was just wondering, car is in great shape, has cobra R hood, only exterior mod.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128364 here is some pics....

very nice. if i wanted a modded cobra, yours would be on the list. now, in order to sell a modded stang, especially a cobra, documentation and receipts is very helpfull. it will help sell the car and not scare away potential buyers. i would $12k because of mods and miles. if you have all stock parts, put it back to stock and sell the hipo parts.

mikes93cobra

Established Member
i have all the receipts, i just couldnt part with that car with the motor in it now because that motor is pretty much brand new, and cost alot, but the reason i ask is im a college student, and i really cant afford the gas it uses right now, i mean i probably could and will if it comes down to it, it was just be easier. my dad sold the motor to a friend which was not my choice. i still have the tranny, i could get the motor back, but the rearend was gone, and it would just be a pain in the ass putting it back to stock.

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
mikes93cobra said:
i have all the receipts, i just couldnt part with that car with the motor in it now because that motor is pretty much brand new, and cost alot, but the reason i ask is im a college student, and i really cant afford the gas it uses right now, i mean i probably could and will if it comes down to it, it was just be easier. my dad sold the motor to a friend which was not my choice. i still have the tranny, i could get the motor back, but the rearend was gone, and it would just be a pain in the ass putting it back to stock.

not trying to be condensending, but if you're a college student, why did you mod the cobra like you did? the posi is no big deal. just stop insurance and buy a $500 beater

mikes93cobra

Established Member
well my parents helped, just the way i am i guess..., it really wasnt supposed to happen like that, i bought the blower, and i fried a piston, and it just got crazy from there, but if i could build a time machine i would reverse what i did, but its in the past, cant change it.

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
sounds like school is far. if so, take bus, bike etc till you save cash. its only for a while. you can put a license plate on your bike saying, "my cobra is at home".

mikes93cobra

Established Member
well school is hour and a halr, i go to UNCW, but right now i have been driving my dad's mach 1, they do to much for me, like i want him to enjoy his car.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Yep, time to find a beater. That way, you can park that puppy ANYWHERE. Plus, you don't have to take a loss on your car. If the car isn't garaged, get a decent cover for it and keep it covered. Enjoy driving it while you aren't in school.

That is pretty much what I did - I got a 87 model Subaru DL with 87k miles on it for 1500 bux. Drove it over 40k miles. Only maintenance was new front axles, and oil changes. Sold it 3 years later for ........... 1500 bux. :D

Cobra228

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
Sounds like everyone is giving you the best advise, buy a beater and keep the Cobra. I make a long drive from Pinehurst to Fayetteville everyday and used to make the drive to UNCW back in 98 and 99. Back then it was with a 93 LX 5.0. The best purchase, next to my 93 Cobra of course, was a 93 Accord as a beater. Best advise i can give a fellow Cobra owner and Seahawk...keep the Cobra or you will regret it. (or just sell it to me, i promise to take good care of her) :)

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
Do your parents want another kid. They can help me build up a car. They will never need to send me any x-mas gifts either, just their 2 new grand kids.

Users who are viewing this thread