How much could I get for my 5.0?

blkstang302

Established Member
How much could I get for my 5.0?

2012 gt premium black/tan interior
23k miles
Manual trans
Condition 9/10 all the way around. Typical wear and tear for 20k miles.
No curb rash.

Roush tvs 82mm/jlt
Stainless works catless x and catback
Ford racing k springs/shocks/struts/panhard bar
AMR wheels 255/275 pierreli pzero
Gt500 spoiler
11/12 boss valence

All stock parts except stock wheels.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Look up your car on NADA Home Page

Take clean retail and add 50% of the money you spent in mods. This is what you "could" get from the right buyer in a private sale. It's a low percentage of buyers, but possible.

A more realistic price would be clean trade in + 50% of invested mod value to a private buyer. A dealer will give you zero for mods, so it's best to return the car back to stock if you trade it in. Then you can either transfer parts to the next Mustang (if you are upgrading), or sell them on the forums.

Last edited:

deepblue13

Established Member
I would look at the clean trade and add 50% for your mods also for a private sale.

I would think parting it out would net you the most money though.

Last edited:

kevinp

Established Member
I would look at the clean trade and add 50% for your mods also for a private sale.

I would think parting it out would net you the most money though.

+1

Parting out always nets the most money, but then you have to deal with demodding, dealing with several buyers and shipping. Depends what you time is worth and if you are the one taking the parts off and putting it back to stock, if you have to pay someone to put it back stock then you may end up losing n the part-out.

Have to remember you are selling a newer car with zero powertrain warranty if you leave the blower on it so it takes a pretty specific buyer. Some new car dealers wont even take aftermarker supercharged cars in trade anymore since the manufactures are cracking down on warranty repairs on modded cars.

KBB trade in + 50% for the mods (parts only) is about right.

Users who are viewing this thread