How much can????

armyavnguy

Established Member
Just doing a little research my question is how much ponies can you get from 99-04 mustang gt's 2v 4.6 naturally aspirated? Also I would like to know how much from peoples cars here, not really guesses. What has been done to your ride as far as bolt-ons even tires and tire sizes. I know forged internals and forced induction is the way to go but its nice to see some of the "old school" horespower figures! Thanks

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
with a proper port job on the heads, cams and FULL exhaust, you can get about 300 rwhp, if you have a good induction set up (cold air, throttle body, maf, etc) keep in mind that these engines are very limited in the torque dept, no matter what you do. all of these bolt ons get very expensive fast so the best thing to compliment them is to gear your car. short of FI, the best bang for your buck is to gear based on your cam.
i wont even tell you what i have on my bullitt. pretty well everything you can think of (which reminds me to update my sig)

slo-GT

Established Member
meaty mac is 100% right........I've seen 2v's in the low 300rwhp range. I was looking into getting Patriot Stage 2 Heads, Typhoon Intake and Comp Cams........but the prices are outrageous!

spike_africa

Established Member
highest your gonna go is 320ish with ported heads (and there are only a few cars doing this with stock shortblocks), full bolt ons, and big cams and a good tuner. Its a great motor but works better with FI/nitrous.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
meaty mac said:
with a proper port job on the heads, cams and FULL exhaust, you can get about 300 rwhp, if you have a good induction set up (cold air, throttle body, maf, etc) keep in mind that these engines are very limited in the torque dept, no matter what you do. all of these bolt ons get very expensive fast so the best thing to compliment them is to gear your car. short of FI, the best bang for your buck is to gear based on your cam.
i wont even tell you what i have on my bullitt. pretty well everything you can think of (which reminds me to update my sig)

Very true. Couldnt have put it better myself! :beer:

Hey out of curiosity what gearing are you running in your bullet?

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
merauder323 said:
Very true. Couldnt have put it better myself! :beer:

Hey out of curiosity what gearing are you running in your bullet?
3.73's which is nice, considering im pushing 15# of boost with my whipple. 2nd gear is still useful.btw- its bullitt, not bullet.

Users who are viewing this thread