How much boost?

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Ok nice numbers everyone!!! BUT!!! Can any of you guys with power adders actually use it? I mean I drove a 440 rwhp Boss and it was spinning hard... cant imagine another 200-400 hp and 200-500 more torque doing anything other than great smoke shows at any speed!!!

That's why they ave these tires called drag radials lol my car hooks up very well at 635whp

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
That's why they ave these tires called drag radials lol my car hooks up very well at 635whp

Yea I hear you, but Ive been there. I had a blown 347 Cobra that made 540/565 and even with 315 width DR it was silly spinning. I would rather have less power with traction. What size DR you run?

mtrsprt

Established Member
Yea I hear you, but Ive been there. I had a blown 347 Cobra that made 540/565 and even with 315 width DR it was silly spinning. I would rather have less power with traction. What size DR you run?
I'm going to guess you had a stiffer suspension, with minimal weight transfer? Makes a huge difference in planting a drag radial under throttle. ;-)

Bloodykisses

Mopar troll.
Established Member
Man, I saw a hellion Boss 302 kit today and i wouldnt put that anywhere near my car. The quality of the manifolds was some of the worst excuse for welding and fabricating i have ever seen. Im making a kit to sell soon. The Hellion kit was awful looking.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Man, I saw a hellion Boss 302 kit today and i wouldnt put that anywhere near my car. The quality of the manifolds was some of the worst excuse for welding and fabricating i have ever seen. Im making a kit to sell soon. The Hellion kit was awful looking.

As compared to what? Nice plug for your "kit" too...:poke:

dabster

Established Member
625. Novi 2200 11psi. Stupid fast on drag radials.

What whp are you at? And what's it like on the streets? Some people consider hooking in 3rd doing 60 rolls hooking lol. I'm all about those low roll/digs.

Last edited:

mantis118

Established Member
What whp are you at? And what's it like on the streets? Some people consider hooking in 3rd doing 60 rolls hooking lol. I'm all about those low roll/digs.

625 on a very conservative mustang dyno. It'll hook from a dig on the 275/60/15s just gotta pedal it a bit until second gear. On the factory tires the car is useless lol. Spin at 80+

NOGI88

Established Member
Off topic question.. How is the mt82 holding up to 600+ hp? I'm in between boosting the boss or picking up a c6z.

BUCKET

Established Member
Mine with stock boss clutch and MGW shift is holding. For how long who knows, it's been on rollers several times but not strip yet. I don't do dig races either

jaywoo

Soooo Boss
Established Member
The crappy transmission is why I think I'm gonna do a T56 magnum first, then a blower down the line. I hate to drop 5k on a mod that won't make it any faster but sure will be more reliable.

dabster

Established Member
The crappy transmission is why I think I'm gonna do a T56 magnum first, then a blower down the line. I hate to drop 5k on a mod that won't make it any faster but sure will be more reliable.

I mean I feel that that's a bit over the top. I would much rather actually have the power to break the tranny, and MAYBE break it, since some people have been fine with 5-600 with no problems for a while, than have an expensive strong tranny with no power to even put it to use..I would for sure like to enjoy the blower for a little while and risk it because it may or may not happen, then have a boring car with a strong tranny.

jaywoo

Soooo Boss
Established Member
It's not exactly boring and slow now. Not to mention I can sell a good, unbroken MT82 transmission and recoup a little of my money. If I break it, it won't be worth anything. It's an expensive supporting mod.

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
That's not a bad idea, but who actually wants an MT82? I guess maybe you could sell it to a shop but I doubt many private consumers would be interested.

brianjh20

Established Member
I have a boosted Boss too. No issues with stock clutch or trans yet. I took it to the track once so far launched around 4k which was too low made the car bog. Ran a 11.2 at 128mph I could have shifted harder too.
Data logs showed that my car was pulling timing at the track This sunday I plan to use a mixture of 93 and 110 to see what I can do.
Should be around 10psi

Beefcake Special package Paxton
Heres a pic of the dyno run of this past weekend
l6na.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

dabster

Established Member
That's not a bad idea, but who actually wants an MT82? I guess maybe you could sell it to a shop but I doubt many private consumers would be interested.

Someone who already trashed theirs and is looking to stay manual and just wants to replace it.

HeLLFiRe xx

Run your car, not mouth.
Established Member
At what hp level are guys starting to need BAPs? I have 1 7/8 ARH LT's and I'm installing my vortech s trim as we speak lol... What should I expect to make for power with stock pulley (8 psi) and at what power level would I need a bap.... I have ford racing 80lb injectors...

HeLLFiRe xx

Run your car, not mouth.
Established Member
I have a boosted Boss too. No issues with stock clutch or trans yet. I took it to the track once so far launched around 4k which was too low made the car bog. Ran a 11.2 at 128mph I could have shifted harder too.
Data logs showed that my car was pulling timing at the track This sunday I plan to use a mixture of 93 and 110 to see what I can do.
Should be around 10psi

Beefcake Special package Paxton
Heres a pic of the dyno run of this past weekend
l6na.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What do u have for other mods... Headers? And u have stock pulley on?

Users who are viewing this thread