How much Boost can the stock supercharger run to?

kino

Established Member
Does anybody know what is the max boost the stock 03 Cobra's supercharger can run to? I have been told 14 psi but can't verify that.

TopRacer

Why Yellow...? BECAUSE!!
Established Member
14psi all day long?? :??: Dont want to go screwing up the blower...that wont be cheap to replace...

i8u

Established Member
I remember reading an article where they pushed a ran up to 22 psi of boost through a stock L. The effeciancy range of the blower was obviously supassed as the tempatures coming out of the blower exceeded 300+degrees. Thankfully fords intercooler dropped the temp 200+. The intercooler is smaller on the cobra than a L though. I would run 12- 14 and then start considering a more efficiant setup that could support more horsepower.

TLush

Established Member
The 03's are BAD A**!
I've been thinking of SC'ing my 98. roots style(maybe KennyBell).
was wondering if the intercooler might be adaptible from an 03 to
a 98?
:read:

Cat Breath

Established Member
Originally posted by i8u
I remember reading an article where they pushed a ran up to 22 psi of boost through a stock L.
You're referring to the MM&FF June issue I take it. The 22 psi was acheived using the autorotor blower. They only got a max of 15 psi out of the eaton. Now our motors are some 85% smaller displacement than the Ls. So does that mean that the Cobra will be able to run (15 max psi on the L /.85) = 17-18 psi? I dunno. Ain't tryin it on my car.
:p

i8u

Established Member
Hey cat breath,
Ya hit the nail on the head! Thanks for reminding me of the details. Do you know when it started loosing effeciancy. At how much boost?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread