how much better in ET's?? nitrous ?

traub83

Wing Warrior destroyer
Established Member
Ok I am just currious in a 91 GT that runs a 14.0 flat as it sits natural, if you were to put on a 175hp shot of nitrous how much time would it normally drop your ET's?? I am just currious as a buddy of mine has well what i mentioned above and he was asking me about it and I honestly didnt know, ive heard of 1-3 seconds off et's using nitrous on stock motors however i wasnt too sure. So i know it is a braud answer but what woud a good rough estimate of an et for this setup. this car is completely stock except for headers and exhaust and he runs drag radials at the strip. my car runs a 12.0 flat as it sits and I also was thinkin of adding the 175hp nitrous works kit but before i do i was currious where it might place me but ill decide if i go that route after he runs his setup and i see how well it does. but you guys got any idea's??

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
on my 93 cobra, 100 shot = 1.1 second drop and added 10 mph. 150 shot was around 1.4 sec drop and around 12mph added

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
I would say that is possible but more around 1.5-1.6.

What system are you looking at that you can jet up to 175. Most of the ones I have seen are up to 150 unless you are going to a plate system

traub83

Wing Warrior destroyer
Established Member
its the nitrous works syetem and has a plate that looks like a throttle bdy spacer. unsure of model # lol but its a wet system and will go to 175hp.

traub83

Wing Warrior destroyer
Established Member
im lookin at my summit and its part #tnw-13005, i hope i dont have to tap into the fuel anywhere but they said that it just plugs into the air hose thinggy in the fuel line and thats how it feeds for the fuel so lets hope thats how it works cause when it comes in i just dont feel like messin with a bunch of fabbing lol...

sled

Established Member
yeah but you can only run up to 150 like that i think. anything above that you need to upgrade fuels rails and everything. i had a NOS big shot. i think thats what it was called i cant remeber. it was a plate and was ajustable from 150 to 300 that went between the cobra intakes. anything high than 150 it needed all kinds of other shit.

Users who are viewing this thread