how many peaple have straight axels in there new edge?

1MeanCobra

99 Cobra
Established Member
i finnaly got one and i was wondering how many peaple have straight axels. just trying to get some feed back from where i live only like 2 peaple and they are terminator cobras so im just curiouse....

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
did you guys find someone to switch with you? If you did how much? And if you didnt how much did it cost buying everything?

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
my car is actually in the shop now getting a built solid axle and a T56 installed. it is going to be a totally different car when i get it back!!!!

stradt03

Established Member
swapped a solid in back in 02. I like being able to hit the 1-2 shift hard with out hopping around on the road.

anothersvtguy

Turner of Wrenches
Established Member
Rear end

At stock to near stock power levels you will be happy with the IRS as long as you replace the rear shocks with decent ones like Bilsteins, get a Ford Racing hardlaunch crossbar, and a BilletFlow IRS brace.

Also: I suggest you take Mr. Ts advice and don't be a fool, STAY IN SCHOOL so you can learn how to spell. :-D

Jamie R.

Established Member
Ahhhh the IRS haters....1.66 Sixty foot on 17 inch DR's in a full weight car and the IRS:thumbsup:thumbsup:. Oh yeah, I've not got any hop and my cars rides very comfy;-):) Oh yeah, just case ya'll were wondering I like the IRS.

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra on the Cover of MM&FF's August '07 Issue

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Ahhhh the IRS haters....1.66 Sixty foot on 17 inch DR's in a full weight car and the IRS:thumbsup:thumbsup:. Oh yeah, I've not got any hop and my cars rides very comfy;-):) Oh yeah, just case ya'll were wondering I like the IRS.

Jamie R.

LOL i knew Jamie would chime in...don't you have a modified IRS w/ termy halfshafts?

Jamie R.

Established Member
Actually DSS Level 5's, but how is mine modified from your run of the mill IRS. I have 2 bushings, and one rear brace to keep the cover from blowing out and the half shafts. I don't have anymore in my IRS than somebody would have in solid if they were building it up. Now my half shafts were a good deal, but they are'nt a necessity.

Jamie R.

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member

Jamie R.

+1

when i went to the track, i had a harder time from keeping it from spinning, no real hop issue

course, the motor is toast now, so its a moot point :bash:

Eric

Users who are viewing this thread