How many of you have.........

va boy

Established Member
How many of you guys have put on an upper pulley only, then went back and put on a lower, or, wish you had?
I ask because you guys are indirectly costing me money with these posts!
I currently have JLT RAI, Magnaflow catted x and Magnaflow CB, that's it.
I'm going after the first of the year to have Dan at Pro-dyno do my tune with the intentions of an upper only. Now I am questioning that idea, you guys with upper/lower are making some impressive numbers!
My car is pretty much a daily driver and in searching I have found no reason an upper/lower will have detrimental efffects for DD. It's unreal to me how realitively cheap mods will wake these cars up. I have 2 60's muscle cars and can't imagine getting the RWHP #'s on these with such a small investment! LOVE my Cobra!
Thanks for reading, opinions?????????????????
:pop:

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
I put a 2lbs lower on my car if you go over that you will also need an alternator pulley. A crank pulley will also bring up your tq numbers some as well. But upper and lower pulley combos really shine with ported blower and twin screws a little better than with just a stock eaton. So it maybe over kill in your case. I think you are fine with upper only with your set up right now.

Last edited:

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
if your blower is not ported, then most will say adding a lower to the equasion wont do much good, due to the excessive heat the eaton will start to put off. the reason it starts putting off excessive heat is because it is being overspun, and is no longer as efficient. Most that are running upper and lower combos have their eaton ported. once you have the eaton ported, it is possible to run an upper/lower combo, and not have to worry about the eaton no longer being efficient.

Last edited:

va boy

Established Member
Kimm123, oh, I know it has been beaten to death, I looked thru MANY threads. My primary question was if anyone had wished they had stuck on the lower at the same time. Starting to see now that a ported blower would make that optimal.Thanks for the replies guys. That helps.

Last edited:

liedenfrost

Established Member
I have a ported eaton with a 2.76 upper only. My car put down 495 rwhp through the stock midpipe. I have since replaced the stock midpipe with a catted Magnaflow, so I am probably in the 505 - 510 rwhp range with an upper only. I run a BAP on stock injectors, stock Maf, and a K&N intake. Simple, fun combo that I have been running for 3-4 years with no issues and a dozen or so track passes. A ported eaton is good bang for the buck and prevents the power drop off up top in the rpm range.

va boy

Established Member
Great numbers liedenfrost! That's about the numbers I want. Think I may copy what you have, and go ahead and port my Eaton. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread