How many miles till you trade it in?

aleon

Established Member
I've got 57K on my '00 Lightning. I was just wondering what everyone's opinion was. I have the option to either A) trade in the L for a C6 or Cobra :rockon: (havn't decided yet) or B) start throwing money at the L for stuff like Rods, pistons, FTVB, etc... to keep it alive:rockon: . What would you do? This is the first L that I've ever owned and I'm not sure how long they actually last. Opinions...:shrug:

SlammedSVT

Who's ya Daddy?
Established Member
Got to ask your self it you like being back in a car. I love driving a car on draging but I have to have truck for a daily driver.

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
Get a built motor and tranny for the L. Then upgrade the s/c when more money comes available. I couldnt see selling my L but heck its a 01 with only 19,000 miles thats only seen rain once but modded since day 1.

Haah's Hubby

Established Member
Originally posted by aleon
I've got 57K on my '00 Lightning. I was just wondering what everyone's opinion was. I have the option to either A) trade in the L for a C6 or Cobra :rockon: (havn't decided yet) or B) start throwing money at the L for stuff like Rods, pistons, FTVB, etc... to keep it alive:rockon: . What would you do? This is the first L that I've ever owned and I'm not sure how long they actually last. Opinions...:shrug:
I would keep the L till the new Z06 comes out rather than C6:rockon:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Well I'm at about 10.5k right now and as long as I'm financially sound and I can provide for myself and/or a family I will forever keep this truck.

BUT if you did want to get something else and trade it in I would like either the C6 or new Cobra. I would probably base the decision after I see what the new cobra will have and how powerful it will be. Good luck on whatever you do and do what makes you happy :beer:

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
Mine is stock, bought it 24 March, 2003 with 16 miles on the odometer.

It has just about 7,060 miles on it.

Drive to work 8 miles one way, 5 days a week and it usually sits on weekends. Since I travel for weeks or months on the road (sometimes overseas) the mileage stays low.

In 2005-2006 when the new 500HP model comes out, I'm looking for a sale on my '03 for a trade-up....:thumbsup:

99RedSVT

Established Member
I wish i could trade mine in and get a new one but i got so forked on the deal on thsi truck i will be stuck with it forever.Good thing it has a 5year 50k mile warranty..

aleon

Established Member
Thanks for all your input. I'm of course gonna do what makes me happy, but I love my L so much, I don't think I wanna get rid of it. On the other hand, I don't want to get to the point where my L is going to start giving me problems (normal wear and tear B.S.) and unfortunately, I can't afford a built short block. Quick question though, if I change the Rods, Valve Springs, Retainers, etc..., will that prolong the life of the motor? Again, thanks fo the input. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread