How many guys running Amsoil?

Turbosixx

Established Member
I know there's countless oil threads. Seems the consensus on svtperformance runs Amsoil. I've been running it exclusively for a while now. The only reason I'm asking is because of the 10w40 vs the recommended 5w20. I know the motorcraft shears to a 40w after 1k miles or so. Read all the info I could as I'm sure many of you guys have as well. So how many of you guys switched to Amsoil 10w40?

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Oh boy, another thread in which to debate the religion of oil, the importance of Motocraft's so-called "B-spec", and its potential warranty impacts... :nonono:

Lots of good info here, OP, including a long-term poll similar to yours.

FWIW, based on what I read there and number of other places, I plan to convert my car from Mobil 1 (5W-50) to Amsoil (10W-40) at its next change.

Turbosixx

Established Member
Oh boy, another thread in which to debate the religion of oil, the importance of Motocraft's so-called "B-spec", and its potential warranty impacts... :nonono:

FWIW, based on what I read there and number of other places, I plan to convert my car from Mobil 1 (5W-50) to Amsoil (10W-40) at its next change.

My head was spinning from all the oil threads, I figured I'd get a more current poll.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
My head was spinning from all the oil threads, I figured I'd get a more current poll.
It's all good. I just hate the way most oil-related discussions seem to devolve into protracted debates about esoteric specifications and warranty worries.

I wish you the best of luck with your decision which, in the end, should be based on what you're comfortable with for your car and not who casts the most aspersions about what others have decided is right for them/theirs.

mullens

Established Member
Which oil, which exhaust, and do I need a oil separator. Questions for the ages lol. Wish I had a dollar for every thread...

Last edited:

Turbosixx

Established Member
Which oil, which exhaust, and do I need a oil separator. Questions for the ages lol. Wish I had a dollar for every thread...

I know what you mean. I hate to be "that guy". If Amsoil had 5w50 oil I wouldn't hesitate to run it.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I switched to Amsoil 10w40 at 2000 miles, then ran her at the strip the same night :)
-J

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member

The "B spec" is so five minutes ago - the "C spec" has been released by Ford and all of our engines will fail immediately if we don't switch to C-spec oil after Ford starts calling for it in 2015. Of course, for all the guys that switched to Amsoil, their engines will run forever because they're off the Ford spec treadmill. YMMV.

stutter

eat me
Established Member
I would like to ask since a lot of you have the 170 Tstat upgrade, did you have to tune for the switch and what noticeable gains did you see?

mtnclymer

Established Member
Another Amsoil 10w40 user here. I run Amsoil in my GT500, Raptor, motorcycles, ATV, Skidsteer, excavator, tractor, lawn mower, etc. If it has a motor it probably has Amsoil in it.....

Users who are viewing this thread